You are here

How do you see this? SS not wanting to go home, because he is bored.

meneran's picture

Hi everyone. I need your opinions on this one.

Lately, every time we are to drop ss off to his mothers house, the kid starts crying and sobbing and saying he doesnt want to go yet. This weekend he straight out said it 'i dont wanna goooo *sniff sniff* noone will play with me there *sniff sniff* i am so boreeeeeeed *cry*'

Does the kid really misses his dad?

Does the kid really wants to stay longer just so he can be entertained?

I told bf to ask him does he think that life would be constant entertainment if he stayed with us? The kid didnt answer that one. He is selective hearer.

helena_brass's picture

I'd have DH tell him to knock it off if it's excessive, but otherwise ignore it. Every kid I have ever known overuses the "I'm boooooored" whine. We can be walking out of Chuck-E-Cheese and FSD will start in on the "I'm bored"s. DH usually makes fun of her (i.e. "Hi booooored, I'm DH, how ya doing?"), and if she still continues he tells her "that's enough" in his do-not-argue voice.

A couple days ago BF's best friend was over with his 8 year-old daughter. The guys were talking and she started to tell her dad that she was bored. It was funny because the guys instead just started talking about how kids these days are always bored and need constant entertainment. He told her to go find some pretty rocks or dig a hole. FSS is really good about this; he will wander around just digging holes or pulling up sticks and weeds for over an hour. I have asked him what he's doing and I can never understand the gibberish that is his explanation, but he seems happy.