You are here

how do you pay / receive child support payment?

Trinka's picture

BM is bitching because she wants payment directly deposited into her account so she doesnt have to go to the bank and wait for the check to clear.

there is NO COURT ORDER.

i asked the bank (TD bank in NJ) - they will NOT transfer funds to an indiviual's account - only business accounts. i told her this - she said OK - can you pay a few days earlier - we said OK no problem.

now she is bitching again (2 months after original discussion) saying this was not what was agreed upon.... that it is just easier for everyone if it gets deposited into her account so she doesnt have to go to the bank.

is there something wrong wtih doing this the old school way of "hand-writing a check driving to the bank to cash the f'ing thing" ? ? ? ?

RedWingsFan's picture

Nope, nothing wrong with that at all. She literally has NO RIGHT to complain about the method of payment anyway, since there's no court order in place. My DH pays his ex by sending her a check every month.

When I had custody of my daughter and was receiving CS payments, they were directly deposited onto a debit card. That's just the way the State of Michigan does it I guess. Now that I'm paying the CS to my ex since she moved in with him, the money is taken out of my paycheck and delivered to him (by what means, I have no clue, nor do I care).

Why is there no court order in your case?

justanothergurlNJ's picture

I would tell her if she doesn't like this arrangment then it can be put through the NJ CS Probation department, it will be garnished from your Dhs check, his employer will sent the check to CS and CS support will deposit it in to her account, or they may issue her a debit card type thing, but this takes time. The employer first has to take the money from your DH, then send a check to CS so between processing time and mail time it's a few days, then depending how long CS takes to process the payment and trasfer the fund a few more days, so at least a week.

Orange County Ca's picture

I gave my ex-wife 12 post-dated checks at the beginning of the year so I didn't have to worry about anything.

Trinka's picture

re: why no court order:

they have never ever ever been in a courthouse or seen lawyers.
never married - SD is 16. they have always compromised on thing like this. she is just being difficult now and my fiance wont give in anymore. if this was before i came along he would open an account at her bank and transfer money whenever she wanted.

RedWingsFan's picture

I told DH we should just get her a money order! He LIKES sending her checks with my name on them though. Especially since we got married and my last name is his. Seems she felt she was too good to take his name when they were married and simply hyphenated her last name and his...

onebright1's picture

My ex deposits via online banking into a free account we have set up. But funny story, Back when he had to pay to his previous ex he would send checks and on the for: line at the bottom of the check he once wrote "lap dance" LOL she didnt like that so much Wink