You are here

Has anyone dealt with supervised visitation? How did it go?

sarasugar's picture

SS2 saw his BM for the first time in 8 months yesterday, her visitation is supervised by her Mom and we provide transportation. However, BM informed me today that she and her Mom would like to make a additional visit in May, which they are allowed with 24 hour notice. Her brother is being released from prison and she says he will be with them, he has never met his nephew. Our court orders say that when they come to us visitation may be supervised by her mother or my SO's Mom or brother. Has anyone dealt with supervised visitation? When there are options about the supervisor who gets to make that decision? BM will likely not bother with the visit if SO's Mom or brother join them.

sarasugar's picture

CPS is done with the case, it says in our paperwork. She only has supervised visitation for 6 months and then she has to get her paperwork and go to court herself to get any more.

asheeha's picture

but the caseworker will be able to tell you who gets to set who the "supervisor" will be.

sarasugar's picture

I know, and it says in our court documentation that it will be her mother when we take him once a month and that it could be any of those three people when she wants to come to us.

asheeha's picture

well the only personal experience i have is my cousin had to have "supervised" visits but it was through the state. not a personal friend/family member.

i hope everything goes well and it's all drama free! i know...long shot but here's hopin'

iqrt's picture

When we briefly had supervised visitation, the caseworker had to specify who could supervise the visitation. In our case, it was me. (yay.)