You are here

guess step moms don't get it

SweetMom's picture

There is a video this woman's video on Facebook that's going viral. I tried to copy the video and share it but couldn't. When I saw the video that several friends shared I thought it was rather disgusting. I guess because my dad or step dad growing up never done that. I never saw my husband do that to his daughter. It just looked strange. I'm just curious what other step mothers would think of they saw their husbands doing this to their daughters. It's a father dancing in the kitchen with his daughters legs around his waste while he cooks. It looks pervert. The little girl looks to be about 11 or 12. He is holding the little girl up while her legs are wrapped around him. All these ladies are saying how precious. Maybe it's because I do not have a bio daughter .

help78's picture

Nothing wrong with that video. The kid looks about ten not perverted. If my SD was not a demon I would think it is sweet.

Rags's picture

Nah, nothing wrong with that. A little girl and her daddy dancing. Another year or two and she will have to stand up to dance with daddy in the kitchen though. I have been dancing with my mom for as long as I can remember. We bust a move in the kitchen every time I visit mom and dad. Mom and dad still cut a rug regularly (70 & 72).

Not a thing wrong with this dad and his daughter based on this video.

IMHO of course.

Living the dream's picture

I'm all-in with the "weird and creepy" crowd on this one. It's probably just a matter of differing family cultures.

ChiefGrownup's picture

Did you see the look on his face when he turned around and saw he was being filmed? He was clearly alarmed, removed his hand from her tush and put it out waltz style and tried to make the dance a little less "slow dance with my boyfriend at the club". Then he ended it.

He was not happy to be filmed. He knew.

ChiefGrownup's picture

Yup.

ctnmom's picture

I have two daughters and they have never, ever done anything like this with their dad. Gross grosser grossest. The look on the little girls face literally makes me sick. I wonder if he has a giant boner. :sick: :sick: :sick:

wth was I thinking's picture

Omg did anyone catch the description?

When a daddy loves on his daughter and shows her love and affection she will not go searching for a mans love outside these four walls.

Apparently daddy will give her all the 'love' she will ever need.

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: x a billion

BSgoinon's picture

Video didn't bother me. My girls aren't close to their dad like this, but if they were it wouldn't bother me. My oldest is closer to DH than she is with her dad. She is almost as tall as DH now but she is only 13, so when she is walking with her arm around him, and his around her people probably think he's a cradle robber. But he has been in her life since she was 2. All I see is a dad that loves his daughter.

Evil stepmonster's picture

I didn't see anything wrong with it. I use to dance with my boys like that, of course I'm 5'0 and at the time 115lbs so it stopped once they were about 6 because they were to heavy for me. I think he was just showing his daughter is some attention and affection.

SweetMom's picture

I was a little worried and thought maybe I was just a pure hateful person for thinking the video grossed me out. It's good to know I'm not the only one. If it were a 5 year old, I'd be fine and think it was cute too. When they get to a certain age, it's not cute.

Teas83's picture

I'm with everyone who says this is creepy. I don't think children should be carried around past the age of 5 or 6. I come from a family that is not very touchy-feely so maybe that's why I've got this opinion.

asgoodasitgets's picture

I agree with the thinking it's creepy crowd. But I'm just a SM, so I guess that's expected, right }:)

That kid is at least nine or ten, so way too old to be straddling her dad like that, IMHO.

Also, did anyone else notice that the dad seemed to be very surprised when he turned around & saw that he was being video-taped? I think the person shooting the video was doing it unbeknownst to dear old dad. His behavior change dramatically when he saw that he was being taped - from very slow intimate dancing to horsing around, tickling, etc. Makes me think dad realized he was coming off as a creeper.

furkidsforme's picture

AT first I thought "What's the big deal?" But when he started dipping her and kissing her neck with her head flung back I went EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

asgoodasitgets's picture

Yes - I posted earlier that dad seemed shocked when he saw that he was being filmed and the dance went from being slow and intimate to goofing around.

Teas83's picture

Exactly. That's what I find to be the most disturbing part of the whole thing. His obvious change in demeanor when he realized he was being watched shows that he knew he was being inappropriate.

ocs's picture

Monkeysee!

I was just about to write that that both of them seemed jarred to find they were being filmed.

And neck kisses? That stops at infancy- like raspberries on a baby's tummy.

asgoodasitgets's picture

I don't think anyone here is saying kissing and hugging your kids is wrong. But as they grow up, some stuff just becomes inappropriate. We see kids on here all the time who are still co-sleeping and co-bathing with parents at ages that are WAAAY over the line. I thing this crosses into that territory. What is ok for a 2-3 year old is not ok for a 9-10 year old. It's that simple. I doubt as many people would have a problem with this if that child was 3.

My brother was still trying to hold my mom's hand in public when he was like 12. My mom put a stop to it by telling him that it just wasn't ok to do that because people perceive things like that as weird. She knew he was just an immature 12 year old - he was the baby of the family and they were very close and affectionate at home - but she knew there was a line and at 12 it was time for him to realize that.

zerostepdrama's picture

Just watched it. :sick:

She is too big to be picked up like that imo.

Looks like he is cooking breakfast, so why does he feel the need at that exact moment to pick up his daughter and start dancing with her? Weird.

The girl looks pissed when she first realizes she is being taped. More like she is pissed that her "special moment" was being ruined.

The dad looks embarrassed that he was being filmed/watched. His whole demeanor changed.

Not sure why fathers feel the only way to show their daughters love is to either treat them like newborn babies or to treat them like their wives. Never understand this concept.

SweetMom's picture

Did anyone notice the words of the song " baby" that's like a romantic love song between a man and a woman. Guess that is what made it creepier

zerostepdrama's picture

Wait... I must be thinking of a different song. I had the volume turned down on my phone since I am at work.

I guess I am assuming its "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheran.

zerostepdrama's picture

W.T.F.... that is a love song.

Thinking Out Loud

When your legs don't work like they used to before
And I can't sweep you off of your feet
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?

And, darling, I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Well, me—I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am

So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are

When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades
And the crowds don't remember my name
When my hands don't play the strings the same way
I know you will still love me the same

'Cause honey your soul could never grow old, it's evergreen
And, baby, your smile's forever in my mind and memory
I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe it's all part of a plan
Well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes
Hoping that you'll understand

But, baby, now
Place your head on my beating heart
Thinking out loud

So, baby, now
Oh, darling, place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
Oh, baby, we found love right where we are
And we found love right where we are

SweetMom's picture

"People fall in love in mysterious ways, baby I" Oh yes that's the song I want to dance and straddle myself on daddy's hips with :sick: while my mo
Video tapes it.

alittlepinot's picture

When I started watching I really didn't think it was that big of a deal. I think that she knows she's being videotaped because of the way she is looking towards the camera. But then when he starts to kiss her neck I was really grossed out. It did creep me out further that he was completely weirded out when he saw that he was being video taped. Dance with your daughter, sure, it's sweet but don't plant kisses all over her neck when she is straddled around your waist. I wouldn't even want my kids to see DH doing that to me because it's too sexual!!

Furthermore my mother used to try to kiss my neck, it wasn't sexual but after age like 7 I freaked out and told her to stop it that it was gross. I didn't realize the connotation of neck kissing that young but I didn't want her slobber on my neck it was just nasty.

Calypso1977's picture

that made me feel like a pervert for watching it.

totally inappropriate. in our day, we stood on our dad's toes to dance with him.

SMLIFESUCKS's picture

I watched it and I'm sorry I did. I am glad I dont have a youtube log in because I would have said somethings that were not nice. I was also abused from age 3 to age 16, from what I remember by my dad.

This is not appropriate, him kissing her like that was for his wife/girlfriend. I am not sure why everyone is on this daddy/daughter date night kick lately but it's gross. Your kids will see how a relationship is suppose to be by watching you with your spouse.

I wouldn't even want my kids to see my DH and I like this, trust me I could because dh is 6'5 and I'm 5'1.

This man knew he was in the wrong or else he wouldn't have changed how he was acting when he saw he was being taped. I wonder if the woman was an SM who is just sick of these little love parades in her kitchen. Furthermore I wouldn't be eating whatever he was cooking.

If my DH did this and I saw it, I wouldn't be taping it, I'd be packing my bags to GTFO. There are boundaries for all kids. I just told my 9 soon to be 10 year old daughter this weekend that she couldn't hold my hand in lowe's, she is just getting to be too old. My daughter is almost as tall as I am by the way.

I give my kids affection, hug or a kiss on the cheek but at almost 10 and 14, the other stuff has stopped. It doesn't mean I don't love my kids, it means I am teaching them as they get older certain types of affection are reserved for your partner.

I explained it to my kids, I also explained how other people would view me holding my 14 year old son's hand in the store when he's taller than me and pointed out how weird it looked with DH and his 11 year old that is taller than me. So they get it.

I have a friend who posts all the time about her 7 year old and her husbands daddy/daughter dates and I skip those posts because this is a child centric thing that didn't happen in my day. Yes I went places with my grandfather, appropriate hand holding until 6 when I was able to cross the street without running out in front of a car like a nut.

Our society is saying it's ok for dad's and daughter's to do the things that are reserved for dad and his wife, you know why because so much of the world is divorced. The BM's want the affection on her spawn instead of dad's wife, because she feels like he is giving her the affection directly. That's my take, so you can call me a sick jaded bitch if you like, I'm use to it.

I call it as I see it.

SMLIFESUCKS's picture

I tried to send this video to a friend and it has been taken down. Not sure by who but it's gone. I wanted his take on it as he isn't a disney dad and is remarried.