You are here

grown stepson

Alaskan's picture

Just wondering if I am being selfish here or what. My ss is 26. His dad and I married after he was already on his own. Since then my DH and I have built a shop on our property. My ss thinks the shop belongs to him and his dad. I helped build the shop and of course it was built with some of my money. The ss uses the place whenever he wants and last winter built a boat on commission for someone else and only pitched in $300 to cover firewood (which I helped cut and stack)to heat the place, electricity, and use of tools. He uses it more than we do and leaves on lights he does not need. My husband says he wants to "help" him out. He does not think I have any right to even know what goes on with the place. We have a little retirement nest which will dwindle away even faster if we have to help support his endeavors too... I think the ss should either pitch in more with the firewood and expenses, insurance, etc or build his own shop. Yesterday I came there to find the ss had the woodstove going and the door propped open. It's not even all that cold out yet, even though we are in Alaska....any advice?

lisa510's picture

You know, what the f#ck is wrong with these leeches?!

My DH had his home before we married. When he bought it, it only had a one car garage. Now the home is OURS. I have built a two garage with MY money. So now the house has a single garage and the new double garage.

My SS22 parks both his cars in the new garage, does all the maintenance in there and does nothing to keep it clean. I've about had it!!! That garage is for my DH and I. I'm away for the weekend, but when I get home, I'm parking my car in there. The smaller garage was for me, but I can't even park my car in there because of all the crap that's in there (tools, buckets, old car parts)!

Your post just shows me that there are folks out there that are simply TAKERS. So long as WE let them, they will take from us.

He's gonna get a rude awakening when I get home! Too F@CKING BAD!!

Rags's picture

Grrr!!!! Another thing that pisses me off.

Sounds like it is time to chain the door to the shop and keep the key until he starts paying to use it.

My GrandDad built a three stall professional shop when he retired. He had several friends that used to abuse it. One summer I needed to work on my car, there was no room so I dragged a project that had been in the garange for a couple of years out with a tractor so I could use the lift in that stall. I asked GrandDad if I could use his shop, he said yes so I used it for a day and a half, cleaned up the stall I had used, and left it clean. For years I used to visit during the summer and would clean the shop, put the tools away where they belonged and haul his buddies half done projects out to the back of the property and cover them with a tarp. Not one of them ever came to get their crap or finish a project. We had their crap hauled off to the scrap yard after GrandDad died. A few of them even had the nerve to threaten to sue for their property. I told them sure, that I would take what they wanted for their property off of what they owed for decades of storage and told them where to mail the check to.

I pissed off his buddies but so what?

hanger1971's picture

sparseduct 17/70

Cate Chain Biker Boot

pick black or brown calf leather.Square toe.Gunmetal chain across quarter.2" built-in hidden wedge heel.Flat heel.the system in Italy.

Christian Louboutin shoes fresh .Brand novel with Dust Bag & originally Box.color: check at the picture.you have seen these Christian Louboutin shoes all over the fashion magazines.They are SEXY,GORGEOUS and FUN.
相关的主题文章:

hanger1971's picture

SillyGilly's picture

Have you and/or DH mentioned anything about pitching in to SS? It sounds like it is a really cool place and I'm guessing your DH loves spending time with SS or even just loves the idea he comes over. Maybe SS doesn't even think about the expenses and doesn't realize he is being rude? It's quite possible he would be very happy to pitch in and help out if it was brought to his attention.