You are here

Gross

Crush's picture

I don't understand SD11 she is so unlike me I can't relate. She has a friend over and they were just eating and she lets out a disgusting huge burp and laughs. That kind of sick behavior isn't allowed in my house. I know she gets it from her BM but I just don't understand why a GIRL would want to act like that it's sick. Her BM is a total redneck, hick, burps/farts and laughs about it, wears pjs with her hair in a messy bun all the time kind of person and so is my SD. It's like pulling teeth to get SD to wear clothes other than freaking pjs out in public!! I can't understand I would've been ashamed of myself acting that way or going in public that way!

Crush's picture

Haha in the 5 years I've been with my husband nobody has ever thought she was mine. People always ask if I'm her stepsister/babysitter or something lol that might sound bad but I'm happy with it. I'm younger than my husband and short and thin with dark hair and eyes and my SD is fat with bleach blonde hair and blue eyes. I'm always sure to look presentable and she looks like a slob. The one upside is when we drop her off to see her BM, the BM always just stares at me lol. It's so weird to think my husband could have been with someone like that woman but he was young and at least he never married her!

jadedprincess's picture

I MAY BE A REDNECK BUT I DRESS NICE LOL THAT SOUNDS MORE LIKE TRAILER TRASH TO ME..

KEYBOARD IS F'D UP SRY FOR ALL CAPS

Crush's picture

Haha I guess your right trailer trash might be a better way to describe her!

justa102's picture

I don't have kids and my FDH doesn't get to see his kids as much. He only gets to see them when it's convenient to BM. So I can't say if they burp aloud or even fart aloud. But before I moved in with FDH, I was living at home with my mom, sister and 14 yr old niece. Me, my sister and brother (including my niece) were raised on this rule. In public never fart, burp and look presentable when you leave the house. Meaning don't leave the house in PJ's - put clothes on that haven't been worn three days in a row. Brush your hair before you leave. Just look presentable, don't look like a rag doll. I've heard this line so much when I was little, "You are not leaving the house looking like THAT! Go brush your hair," OR, "Have you ever heard of an iron??" We don't come from money or anything. My mom just always liked us looking nice. We all subconsciously follow that rule to this day, even my niece who is fashion queen of the world.

Here's the twist..

BUT my niece is disgusting in the sense of burping. She'll burp so damn loud and laugh. So un-lady like. She'll do it in front of her friends too but her friends do it too. I'll be honest and say she gets it from me and my brother. (I helped raise her - I'm closer to her than my FDH is to his kids!) BUT she will NOT do it in public. As in if we all go out to dinner, to the mall, anywhere. She knows what's right and what's wrong, she was brought up that way; to be a lady in public. So I never get on her case for burping at home or an occasional fart. However, I don't fart in front of anyone haha!

But of course if that's something that offends you I say bring it up to your SO. Tell him that she should put on actually clothes. I mean I would totally be embarrassed if I was out with a kid who was in the pj's. Unless they were sick and I had to pick up cold medicine or something like that. There's no excuse in hell onto why someone can't put on a pair of pants and a shirt and brush their hair before they leave the house. Then again, I was raised to look presentable before leaving! And obviously she isn't being raised like that by the BM.

Crush's picture

My husband is totally on my side with this he tells her on the time that stuff isn't funny/cute/acceptable but she still does it. Also she isn't being raised my her BM but I think part of it is just that she's so much like her that even the small amount of time shes around her that stuff rubs off on her. I think some of it too she does on purpose trying to be more like her BM. I know shes desperate for her BM to accept her so I think she trys to act like her to win her over. I guess it boils down to part flawed personality and part wanting to be like loser BM.

thefunmommy's picture

I was never comfortable leaving the house in pjs. I'm perfectly comfortable in jeans unless I'm in bed. Even when my college roommates wore sweats to class, I was just warmer/more comfortable in REAL pants.
Granted though, I do have my days of throwing on a crappy or ill fitting shirt, but those are usually cleaning days, stay at home days, or days I run to Walmart or the gas station for one thing and head back home. I will also wear the same pair of jeans for an extra day or 2 unless they have something on them. I figure if clothes still smell like laundry detergent and have nothing on them, they're probably ok (this is also a money-saving tactic of mine- cuts down on laundry a bit).