You are here

On the floor, on the wall, in the laundry hamper, just not in the toilet.

Auberry2's picture

Our most recent misadventure with SS6, this morning he lost control of his bowels in some manner and got the BM all over himself, on my wall, floor, and in the bathroom laundry hamper.

The way he tells it, sometime in the middle of the night, while he was still asleep, he realized he had pooped his pants, so he got up, tried to clean himself up, put all the toilet paper in the toilet, took his dirty ubderwear and pj's and put them.in the hamper with the rest of our clothes, and went back to bed. He then went on to confess that he really had just piled the poopy paper in the trash can by the toilet, accidently smearing it on the wall.

He lied to DH repeatedly about the events of the night before finally settling on one story, so we still aren't really sure what exactly happened, but this is about the sixth time in less than a year that he has done this. DH has talked to him, explained to him we can't put poop toilet paper all over the bathroom, or poopy clothes in the hamper with other clothes, told him he needs to wake daddy up when he has an accident so that he can.help him clean up, and the child is still acting like this. He has never gotten in trouble for accidents at our house, though DH has gotten onto him for getting poop everywhere.

He has also been urinating in the bath tub while he bathes, and told DH it is because he doesn't feel like getting out if the bath to pee.

It is just so frustrating to me. It is nasty. His bed smells like urine because he strips his sheets and matress protector off then wets the bed and doesn't tell anyone. (We know about the bed wetting now, but didn't for some time, until it started to smell and we started asking questions.)

I feel like these are symptoms of emotional stress of some sort and that he needs to see his pediatrician to rule out health problems and a mental health professional to figure out what is going on in his head, but apparently I am the only one who feels this way. It us so frustrating, and gross, just really gross.

Oh, and I had DH clean it up, since I am hoping actually dealing with the messes will make it more real to him and not just Auberry being bitchy about taking care of SS6.

StepDoormat's picture

Fcking gross.

I cant even deal with putting SS's damp towel in the hamper after he bathes. I would be livid.

Auberry2's picture

I hate the wet towels in the hamper thing too. DH does it too, and I am like "If your sainted mother was such a neat freak why don't you know not to do this?"

But the soiling hinself and the house thing, I am beside myself about it. It is soo freaking nasty.

Lalena75's picture

Make him clean it up, SO and I make his kids do it when they have accidents (mostly his ds) and when I started making his ds wash his mattress and carry his stuff to the laundry room and stood there and told him how to start a load then informed him since he'd done it every night after having been dry for months maybe he would feel better in his goodnights again. SO had him wear them for a week. Next round back he swore he didn't need them he was dry a week, gone a week and he wet the other night SO didn't have him clean it and did it for him. This morning I just stopped SO handed the wet things to his son and said "show your dad how you do it." Bet he'll be dry tonight.

Auberry2's picture

DH did have him do the clean up, DH stood in the bathroom and supervised. DH doesn't do messy clean up like this and was quick to tell SS6 that SS6 would be cleaning up his own nasty mess.

Sparemom's picture

Wow! yuck! :jawdrop: That is so ruff! Mine just don't want to stop playing and wet/poop themselves. And the boys pee all over the toilet seat and around the toilet. How are they not grossed out!!

Smomof3's picture

Having had two skids of this age...SS14/SD15...they were 4 and 5 when we got together. My SS was a bed wetter and we figured out that his mom would let him drink all night. As soon as we stopped that he was fine.

Taking off his matress pad is intentional.
Not waking up an adult to help with a huge issue is intentional.

This isn't normal behavior and there is a cause, you'll just have to determine what that is. Kids wake you in the middle of the night for this stuff at 6 or 16.