You are here

Summer fun with BM (venting, sort of)

Auberry2's picture

Well, we went and picked up SS6 early today, because BM, through a series of errors, was unable to complete her extended summer visitation. (Raise of hands to show that was a huge surprise)

It seems that BM, though knowing that she would have SS6 for an entire month this summer, failed to arrange adequate child care for him. This was due to the fact that she originally assumed that her dear friend who is a SAHM would watch SS6 for her while she was at work. The only problem with that is BM has been mooching of this friend for about two years now. She misused one car this friend had and lost vehichle priviledges with Friend for a time, but I suppose Friend was a forgiving woman and started letting BM borrow her car for all her travel needs once again, to her own misfortune.

We found this out because we started getting hysterical calls from BM telling DH that the transmission in Friend's car burned up and no Friend was no longer watching SS6 and was expecting BM to help pay for repairs, and DH needed to return the child support so she could cover some expenses. She also told DH he needed to come get SS6 because she was missing work because she couldn't always bring him to work with her.

Apparently, this week, she was bringing him to the office but she wasn't watching him, and he started playing with the company phone system and added a pass code on the phones so that no one could call out or answer incoming calls. And he couldn't remember what he changed the code to. So she got sent home until she would no longer have SS6 just to make sure that she wouldn't have another babysitter failure and start bringing him again. I had to LOL at this one, because it was just such a comedy of errors.

And of course, this is all DH's fault, because her inability to plan for her summer month couldn't possibly be her fault. She also let DH know she wants to go before a judge and have him show proof of what he spends the whopping $162.00 a month worth of child support she pays, because, and I quote, "That child support is SS6's money and you had better not be spending a dime of it"
She is going nuts about it, because DH informed her that he would be expecting her to pay her half of the emergency room bill for SS6's temper tantrum, and she told DH he needed to take it out of the child support and count it as her paying her half. I told DH, let her take us to court, as it happens she is making a decent amount more than she was when child support was asigned, and if she wants to go to court about child support we might as well ask for an increase while we are there. I really don't care if we get an increase or not, but I would love to see her face if we asked for one.

Auberry2's picture

DH told her how the cow ate the cabbage, but as she is one of those lovelies that believe the world owes her for exsisting, I doubt she will just back off.

Auberry2's picture

My ex is one and the same. Before I cut off contact with him he always wanted his stupidity to be my problem. I wish the dipshits of this world would unite, on an island far away from the rest of us.

Thursdaysarethebestdays's picture

"I told DH, let her take us to court"

Why is it so hard for DH's to see that when BM is being stupid and threatens to "take us to court" that their response should be "okay" and not another word.

In your case you have a MOUNTAIN of things to throw back at your BM in a court room.

In our case, BM threatened to take us to court because DH would not switch weekends with BM one time because we had already left town for the weekend (we didn't tell BM we were out of town, didn't think it was her business). DH told BM that if she wanted she could take skids to DH mother for the weekend, but we knew she wouldn't because she doesn't exactly enjoy interaction with MIL, for whatever reason. BM claimed DH was being unreasonable and was showing an unwillingness to work with BM.

I told DH BM can't get pissy because she can't fulfill her court ordered visitation time.
DH actually looked at me and said "do you think we should go home early so BM won't take us to court" . . . all he got was this look :O on my face and he immediately tried to take the words back.
You let BM take us to court with the argument that "he didn't give me what I wanted" just be sure to get it on hidden camera.

Auberry2's picture

Oh, I hate this. I can't tell you how many things we canceled early on so DH could ask how high when BM said jump. It is better now but man, these men can be crazy doormats.