You are here

FDH said he wants BM dead

theoutsider's picture

FSD12 signed up for a basketball tournament this summer, (her two siblings are in baseball and softball)
Right before BM arrived to pick up the kids for her week Friday, FSD12 had a meltdown saying things like, "I don't need to bring my basketball stuff to BM she isn't going to let me go to practice." To which FDH and I questioned, "Why not? she has taken you before. she takes FSD8 and FSS10 to ball games and practices, why do you think she won't let you go?" "I just know, she has only taken me once this whole summer (practice has been twice a week since school let out) she won't take me and she will not let anyone come pick me up and take me."
FDH told her, "Look I will talk to BM. I will offer to drive (an hour one way) to come pick you up, take you to practice , and drop you off."
FSD12 was dead set that her BM would not let her go to practice.

Saturday morning FDH sends an email:

"FSD12 wants to go to ball practice on tuesday and to the tournament which starts thursday. They are going over plays at practice tuesday for the tournament. If you are unable to get her to practice tuesday or the tournament thursday or friday, let me know by sunday night at 6pm and I will make arrangements to get her there."

I though his email was businesslike and to the point, BM sent this in response:

"Thanks, but no thanks. It's MY week with the kids. You can make your own arrangements when it's YOUR week with the kids. They'll be ready at 5p.m. Friday, for you to pick them up."

WTF????

Does she hate FDH so much that she is really NOT letting her kid go to basketball practice just to spite FDH???

theoutsider's picture

Forgot to add:

FDH understands it is BM week, but is just so upset that BM does not care that FSD12 wants to do this summer basketball and BM won't take her. Eventhough she takes FSD8 and FSS10 to all baseball practices and games, he feels like FSD12 is being singled out or punished somehow at BM place.

THAT is why he said, "Why can't she just die somehow, the kids would be so much better off without her around!"

theoutsider's picture

Also, BM boyfriend "the babysitter" is gone this week and he is usually the kids chauffeur, that's the only reason he offered the ride.

emotionaly beat up's picture

Are you sure ss12 was telling the truth. Maybe she has no clue why your DH was saying he would take him. DH should let her know what Ss12 said

theoutsider's picture

Well, I just had the revelation that:

Was this FDH trying to COPARENT INSTEAD OF PARALLEL PARENT with a high conflict BM?

should he really tell the kids, "yes you r mom is denying you, I can't do anything about it, learn to live with what happens over there"

It seems so harsh, but I guess thats how it has to be?

jumanji's picture

WHERE is the practice/tournament? Is it local to her, or local to Dad? And was Mom consulted before kiddo registered?

theoutsider's picture

The tournament is in a location between homes. Practice is next to FDH home, where FSD12 and the other two kids live FULL TIME only getting visitation with BM.
FSD12 came home from school and said she wanted to do it. FDH paid for everything (which is usual, BM does not even give Child support)
FDH signed her up and notified BM of the practice schedule and 2 weekend tournament schedules (which are dead equal in time between FDH and BM time this summer) AND JUST like FDH did with the OTHER 2 kids ball schedules.
BM has been taking FSD8 and FSS10 to ALMOST every practice and game this summer, FSD12 has only gotten to go to one practice on BM time, and missed 1 out of the 2 tournaments she had this summer on BM time.
BM has the right by CO to be notified of everything school related, however she is not primary parent and does not pay for anything.

jumanji's picture

So Mom is under no obligation to do what Daddy thought he'd sign kiddo up for. He's the one to blame, not Mom. But I know - it's easier to make it her fault.

theoutsider's picture

This IS school related sports....signed up through school.

And BM IS taking the other two to their sports, just not the oldest girl,...

That is the issue. Why the youngest two are being allowed to go and the oldest one denied.

FDH HAS PRIMARY CUSTODY AND FOLLOWED ALL PROTOCOL SET FORTH IN CO PERTAINING TO SIGNING THE KIDS UP FOR SPORTS.

theoutsider's picture

UPDATE:

BM HAD THE KIDS STAY AT HER PARENTS HOUSE AND GRANDPA IS TAKING FSD12 TO PRACTICE,....

HOWEVER IT IS DONE,... FDH IS HAPPY