You are here

I am leaving the site

theoutsider's picture

At the request of my therapist.
I am supposed to say goodbye as closure because this site has been so much of my life for the last few months. I've ben checking out daily, posting constantly, but not connecting
She said annonymous support is not what I need, I've got to plug in locally and build actual relationships with people who can support my whole situation.
She said she recommends this in all situations, building a support network with others who can identify, support and holds accountability... Which she says I can't fully get in an online situation.
Social networking has altered our acceptance of what a "friend" means, and what I need now are friends, not annonymous words hearing half of what is going on. And giving advice without holding me accountable.
I appreciate the commentary on my life, and I did think some was helpful. but I will be moving on and hopefully getting more elsewhere. Thank you.

ctnmom's picture

Your therapist has a point. Nothing on line can compare to real life. Good luck and God bless. Please just let me leave you with one piece of wisdom, if I may: You can't "fix" homosexuality. I am a REAL person with a REAL gay brother, believe me that's not what he would've "chosen" for himself. And when you try to stuff a homosexual into a box that they don't fit into, the result is heartbreak.

Lalena75's picture

Good luck to you and I sort of agree, my class study group it turns out is full of SM's (some of us not married yet but long term relationships) It's been an excellent balance to talk to real people we started meeting a half hour early before study group just to talk about our lives lol.

SMof2Girls's picture

The problem with a site intended for venting, is that so much negativity gets spewed here. I've seen posters come here with simple questions, and weeks later have blown up their entire step-situation to something miserable. This place can be toxic in that way ..

Take care of yourself and I wish you the best of luck. Thank you for everything you've shared with us! *hugs*

misSTEP's picture

I hope that you can find people IRL that KNOW what it is like in a step-family situation. Good luck to you!