You are here

eow dread

hawaiigirl's picture

So my last weekend visit w sd2 consisted of me babysitting while her dad went to work. My kids sleeping soundly, and her in our room in pack n play. Up all night, brought into our bed, in btwn us, and up throwing up. Guess who is up giving meds, cleaning up puke and up bright and early while she and her dad sleep in (in my bed) and i am up with my own kids, taking my crabbiness out on them, when they have done nothing wrong? ME. I feel like they get the root of my anger, and they are the farthest from it. I start to get crabby on thurs the wknd that she comes. And guess who never gets any appreciation shown, if I do I sure dont recognize it. And guess who cannot wait for 6pm sunday to come, when i can have my house back to normal. ME> ughhhh I bring it up to her dad and i hear- Dont worry about it, u dont have to watch my kid anymore, u dont have to do nothing for her anymore. In a very sarcastic tone. He seems to forgot who gives her bath when she is there, along with my 2, who makes the meals, who brushes her hair, who changes diapers. ME. I said ok, since u make it sound like we aint a family, she is just YOURS to deal with, great, go sleep downstairs with her, and u do everything. . lord help me...this is so hard. But i do love her. I dont like her sometimes, but i do love her. I love her dad, he makes me mad, and is dumb about this situation, knows he couldnt do half of it or be as good of a dad without me..but i fail to get any thank you's....

Geema's picture

I think is typical of a lot of men sadly. He knows he is being immature about it too. You should be the perfect wife and mother, as it is expected and demanded of you without thought to your happiness or well being in his opinion. (eye roll)What a louse. You need to voice your dissatisfaction with HIS general lack of appreciation and consideration towards you. He should be EXTRA thankful to you for doing things for a child that is not your own. This makes me so mad.

Auteur's picture

If he's not going to support you/appreciate you then you must disengage and let him handle it all. Do not feel guilty about it. Get the book "Stepmonster" and read thoroughly!

cookiemonster08's picture

Why isn't he taking care of his DD? Leave with your kids for the day and let him deal with it. There is no way DH would be sleeping and me cleaning up his kid's puke.