You are here

Of course SM is getting death threats

ICanMakeIt's picture

No mention of dad in this article whatsoever. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/search-intensifies-for-missing-11-year...

Rumplestiltskin's picture

Jesus. I hope he is ok. Hopefully the SM didn't do anything. I did a quick google search and a lot of people are seeming to jump to blame the SM. She was the last to see him but maybe that's because she was the only one who took care of him? TBH, before my experiences i would have likely done the same. I really hope nobody hurt the kid, SM or anyone else! 

advice.only2's picture

I saw that this morning and it made me cringe, I really hope the SM didn't have anything to do with it.

We had a girl dissappear from an city near ours a couple of years ago, the last person to see her was her SM, who claimed the girl was high on something and the SM was trying to get her to calm down. Allegedly the girl wandered out into the night, in clothes not compatible for the weather and was last seen by an unamed source along the highway. They have been searching for her ever since. The biomom always posts stuff on Fakebook against the sherriffs depratment claiming they know something but won't go after the person who did it (SM). It's sad.

I hope they find this kid alive, maybe looking into the bio mom, after all she doesn't have custody for a reason.

Exjuliemccoy's picture

Another step situation where the SM was overfunctioning for her spouse. All it did was put a target on her back.

The older I get, the more strongly I believe so much in life is about balance. Many of the step situations on ST are out of balance, with the SP waaay out of their lane. It rarely ends well.

tog redux's picture

Yeah, I really don't understand how so many women end up parenting someone else's kid full-time. Where was dad? Why didn't mom have custody? 

ldvilen's picture

Inept bio parents, to answer you question.  Bio-dad is lazy and more than happy to pass what he sees as maternal responsibilities on to SM.  SM, initially, may be OK with this.  Then, after SM, rather than being appreciated for taking care of someone else's child, is instead blamed, ridiculed, gaslighted and scapegoated, doesn't like it anymore and starts to feel more and more resentful.  Dad would rather sit on the sofa and bellyache and act like SM "has to do it," than actually parent his own kid.  BM is too busy drinking or toking or going out with one of her many man friends to give much of a damn, either.  But, SM doesn't want to the kid to starve or be THAT neglected, so she winds up parenting someone else's kid full-time.  Of course, SM is blamed for all of this by most.

Kelly_thestepmum_in20s's picture

Hopefully he will soon be found.

This story is similar to one I have read not long ago here in South Africa. Apparently SM dropped off the SD to school in the morning and when she went to fetch the SD around 2 from school, there was no sign of her. Some kids saw her (SD) in accompany of unknown woman with different clothes. 

Ispofacto's picture

We had a poster on here a while back who was living with her husband and his exW.

https://www.crimeonline.com/2020/02/03/gannon-stauch-police-narrow-down-...

Gannon’s father, Al Stauch, who was out of town working when his son vanished, said that it was not like Gannon to walk off. Gannon does not have a history of running away.

Reportedly, Tecia did not know which friend’s house the boy went to on Monday, according to Al Stauch, who said his wife told him that Gannon didn’t specify which friend he wanted to visit, NBC 5 reports. The stepmother said she couldn’t comment on the details of the case at this time.

On Friday, Tecia Stauch slammed the El Paso Police Department, claiming they pointed a gun at her and wouldn’t let her contact an attorney. She also claimed that she received death threats online and hopes for an apology once the boy is found. She indicated that she has taken care of Gannon for the past two years.

“My husband’s ex-wife is living in our home,” the woman complained. “I took care of Gannon for the last two years in our home because his mother didn’t want to do it…OK, and I would never, ever hurt this child.”

hereiam's picture

Well, usually the last person to see the missing person is looked at pretty hard, just happens to be a step mom. A step mom who is taking care of the kid, when neither parent is, apparently.

So, his friends didn't see him that day and he wasn't in school that day. I hope he's okay but it does sound suspicious.

Aniki-Moderator's picture

It's sad that the SM is the instant villain. I hope she's innocent and I wish the Evil SM stereotype would die an ugly death.

Sadly, stepparents are the bad guys in the cases of the Pandy children and Suzanne Sevakis. Kyron Harmon is still missing - the BM blamed the SM, who was the last to see him.

But it's not always the stepparents, dammit. AJ Freund whose BM killed him and BD buried him. Andrea Yates, Susan Smith, Chris Watts, Jennifer & Sarah Hart, Chris Coleman, Damian Reszowski, the Bever brothers...

It's sickening.

momjeans's picture

So much this.

Between filicide and child abduction for sex trafficking, I can barely stand this world, most days. 

Aniki-Moderator's picture

There is the occasion of the parent/child being insane, but too often it's pure evil. I can barely listen to the news and rely on my DH - a news addict - to relate the important things to me. Sad

Thumper's picture

If any of my kids were missing the last thing I would say at a TV conference is,  MY boy was born with XYZ weight..??? .I found that odd. Implies he was and is weak./ small.

I would be saying "He is such a good kid, always on time, this is out of character NOT to be home for dinner, he always calls before he leaves to come home...stuff like that.

I would be bawling, barely able to get a audible word out of my mouth.

Waiting for more facts to come out about this case. Frankly I just want to see the boy come home safe and sound. Doesnt look like that is possible...it has been too long without any contact from this little fella. My insides keep turning upside down.

Something very strange about this case.

momjeans's picture

I hate the step-parent = bad stigma, but this story stinks of the SM being involved. I hope I’m wrong, but... 

momjeans's picture

Ugh. 

Rags's picture

Hollywood vilifies SParents.  And SMs seem to catch the significant brunt of society's SParent issues.

I hope that they find this kid safe and sound and that SM nor StepDad are involved in his disappearance.  Of course the medial will not do a damned thing to rectify a falsely accused SParent.

Biscuits's picture

Yeah how dare he be away working so he can support his family. It wasn't like step mommykins could hold a job, getting fired all the time and getting a job rescinded 3 days before she killed Gannon, because her background check turned up her criminal history from other states. Then that whole being arrested for murder thing and attacking the deputy transporting her really screams innocent but these people seem to think she's the victim here. 'Her life is over'  really? You know whose life is REALLY over? That would be Gannon's. Step parents can be a gift from god, angel sent. But that's not the case with this woman

Rags's picture

Evil is evil and there absolutely is no excuse for this toxic murderess killing her SS.  She is lucky she is in jail.  If I were this kid's dad, I would've barbecued her alive on my backyard pit to give her a preview of how she will spend eternity.

smh