You are here

Christmas/Holiday cards

MadeMyBed's picture

Every year I have a problem with this so I was wondering what other people do. :?

I have 2 SSs that we only see about every 6 weeks due to BM moving them 1500 miles away. Many of our friends dont even know them. When DH and I are sending out Christmas cards we have signed them differently each year. Sometimes we just sign it "DH & MadeMyBed" a couple times we have signed it "DH, MadeMyBed, and SSs" Its just a little weird, ya know, to send it out signed by all of us to people who might be like "who are SSs?"

What do other people do? Just LOVE being in these awkward positons!! Wink

starfish's picture

i only sign cards/gift tags "DH & Starfish". everyone knows i have skids, but the cards aren't really from skids and it's not like skids contribute to the gifts i buy, so i just leave them out of it.... but then again, i'm not a big fan of my skids..

Timetogiveup's picture

I sign my cards DH, Me and my dogs names. Except when the cards are for his family...I'll SS's name AFTER the dogs.

Timetogiveup's picture

I LIKE my dogs, It was my choice to have dogs not kids. My dogs are well trained and have better social graces. Unlike SS, they don't annoy the crap out of me.

Synaesthete's picture

I think "The -blank- Family" covers it well. Another similar idea could be "DH, MMB and family".

mom2five's picture

We have five kids. It would take me forever to write all of their names on every card. I just sign them "Merry Christmas! DH, mom2five, and kids".

caregiver1127's picture

I make my Christmas cards every year - we sign them DH, me and dd4 - SS16 lives full time with his mom and he can send out with her. Also the picture I include every year is just the 3 of us. The "Christmas Note" we do include him in that - we send a card to him but I do not write BM's name on the envelope only SS. :^ )

purpledaisies's picture

I sign it the _____ family! I also included my skids in our christmas pics always have. However we do see them a lot though. All my family and friends know them. THey were in our wedding. But at the same time for the most part they respect me and listen to me. They just have a hard time doing things for themselves b/c bm does everything for them!

JustAnotherSM's picture

I have always signed cards "DH, JASM and SS" and then added BS's when they came along. In the beginning, I tried very hard to make sure that SS felt like he was part of the family so he was there for our annual family photo and his name went on the cards. Over time, I began to hate putting SS's name on our cards because he didn't live with us and didn't feel like part of the family for awhile. But he was/is/always will be a part of the LastName family so his face is in every family picture and on every card.

MamaBecky's picture

I sign everything DH, MamaBecky, SD13 & SD5 to friends and family. I send cards to both BM's from DH, MamaBecky & SD (that is not theirs).