You are here

Cheap, narcissistic divorced parents and their poorly behaved children.

seriouslyfreda's picture

I see a pattern here. It seems a lot of these divorced parents are extremely selfish and narcissistic. They tend to make poor quality parents and the result is their children who are a handful. They also make poor choices in life and cannot seem to make a relationship work as they are dysfunctional. This is a pattern. They chase good partners away. I am very apprehensive about moving in with my boyfriend as his children act very entitled and wear me out. He also is a financial mess and can be quite cold towards me at times. Anytime we have a falling out, usually over his kids behaviors, he will flirt with other women openly on facebook or via text. He even went to visit a single female friend from childhood whom I have never met before when we weren't speaking (yes we were not speaking because of something one of his kids did and he defended his child.) She is very homely looking but will do anything to be with him. I am so over this immature game playing as well. Also according to him his ex wife was horrible and left him yet they are very friendly via text. Odd. I feel like I do not know the whole story with that either. But that is a whole other issue.

Aniki-Moderator's picture

That does not apply to all divorced parents, but it certainly seems to apply to your boyfriend.

Please go back and re-read all of the advice you were given on your previous post. Walk away from this loser.

Steppedonnomore's picture

his children act very entitled and wear me out - Strike 1

He also is a financial mess - Strike 2

Anytime we have a falling out, usually over his kids behaviors, he will flirt with other women openly - Strike 3

This man isn't ready for a relationship with anyone.  As other posters here have so aptly phrased it, he hasn't "done the work."

AgedOut's picture

if he's this way nowww, he will be this way in 5 years. is that a life style you really want?

ImFreeAtLast's picture

Her "homeliness" is irrelevant. I had a boyfriend decades ago cheat on me 2ith a far uglier woman. Your boyfriend is a philandering jerk and you need to dump him.

Kaylee's picture

Yeah. 

I honestly thought OP would have left this jerk by now....

motherof3boys's picture

Just read your other post. Being with someone who previously had a child/children with someone else is already hard when it is with an AMAZING person, but your guy sounds like a pure dickhead. He doesn't even seem worth the time if he didn't already have 2 kids, but he acts this way AND has 2 kids? NAHHHH, HARD PASSSS. Seriously girl, listen to everyone else here--RUN. 

Rags's picture

OP, please read your own post from the perspective of someone giving advice to the poster.

What would you advise them to do?  Be completely honest regarding what your advise would be.  Then do that.

My advise to you.....  Boot his ass now.  Re-key the locks, retract any assets he has access too that  you have provided, and boot he and his failed family progeny/shallow and polluted gene pool out of your home, life, present, and future.

He is playing you like a cheap instrument. Quit being cheap, and quit being his instrument.

"Any time" you have a falling out?  Really?  That means that you have had more than one falling out with this dumb ass and yet.... here you are again, in the same situation, tolerating his same crap, and continuing to serve yourself up as his voluntary cheap instrument and victim.

Stop it!  Quit sacrificing yourself on the alter of SParental martyrdom to this POS failed man, failed father, failed mate, and his shallow and polluted gene pool.

If you don't, guess what?  It is all your own damned fault.

Fool

And NO! Regardless of what the rest of the story may be, it is just more of the same bullshit that this dipshit perpetrates on himself, his kids, and YOU!

Sarah3703's picture

Leave him! Run I don't look back. I was just in the situation as left the man. He let his 4 year old daughter stay up all night jumping on his bed eating chips. I said something about it and he said "don't judge my parenting". (Lack of)

I have 2 older kids. I would never treat someone like that. I would have listen to his concerns and responded to my child. Do not get stuck in this narcissistic behavior. I'm so much happier now. Find someone who treats you better. That is not normal parenting.

relationshipguru's picture

Leave him. I was with a man who allowed his kids to control the household. His kids would control the tv remote which we were eating dinner. His kids would turn up the volume loudly and tell the adults of the house to shhh while they were talking. His kids were in charge of the majority of decisions we made regarding what we did that day, where we ate, what we bought, etc and if they didn't get their way they would grow tantrums and talk back. Keep in mind these kids were 6 and 9!!!! Yeah not happening. Sorry not sorry.