You are here

Can you go get SD14 tomorrow???

Tmoore's picture

Ok so my DH has NOT accepted my announcement last week that I am going to disengage from the skids!!! He asked me this evening to drive 45 min to go get SD14 so he can avoid traffic, and in the past I have done this...but not anymore. I very quietly just asked "why dont you go get her?". Then a few minutes later he informs me that she will be here the whole week!!! and he will be working 6 out of those 7 days. I have not said anything cause it will just turn into a fight...but I want to run screaming through my house "OMFG I dont want to spend the next week with her. I dont want to watch her walk around damn near naked(I dont really care for her choice of style), doing nothing, eating my food, making a mess, and doing her laundry".

becky48's picture

Hell no!! Of course w/me I instantly go into sarcasm mode, so who taking care of her? or did I miss the memo where we were goong to discuss this? Are you kidding me! And if she is in your house she need to follow the rules or she going to some kind of camp!! Sweetie stick to your guns and do not give in, he didn't discuss w/you then she is not coming! Sorry!

forever2's picture

Instead of "why don't you go get her?" how about "if you want your daughter here, you can go get her or her lazy mother can bring her here?" Gag, I can't imagine sitting in a car for 45 minutes trying to make small talk with skid. Why should it be any of your problem to have to pick her up ever? And he just announced that his kid will be in your house for a whole week? Out of the blue without asking you first? That's your house!! Who does he think he is? And you actually do her laundry? Ugh, please stick up for yourself. You are supposed to be a loved and cherished partner to your man, not a servant for his kids from a previous life. My life is far from perfect, but it is clearly understood (through lots of hard work... and arguements) that skid is bfs problem and not mine. He is the taxi driver, not me. The kid's filthy laundry is nothing I plan to ever touch, and if there is a change in the schedule, it better be a discussion not an announcement and we better get our days back for every one BM takes extra. If bf is ever in a bind and I help him out to get skid somewhere, bf thanks me profusely (because he knows if he doesn't, I'm not about to help out again). Anything you do for your skid is a favor to him and he should treat you like he would treat anyone (better actually) who helps him out. You can say I sound like a bitch if you want, but I learned the hard way that if you don't demand respect, you aren't going to get it in this step life we live. You deserve better.

Tmoore's picture

LOL...I understand that DH has not taken kindly to my announcement and just outright ignoring it, it happen after the hundredth fight with me and SD14 over her clothing and anything else that had to do with her. It always turned out to be my fault he had to disipline his daughter and it turned ugly. (as do most fights with 14 year old girls)Yes everything would be just dandy with me shutting my mouth when she is walking around trashy.

we have been together 3 years and I tried my ass off to blend this family. well I have finally realized that will never happen. lol and he didnt get it the other day at the beach, when she was handing him stuff to hold, and he tried to put some of her shit in my pocket and I nicely walked away from him...

I am just trying to make it through this transition and still have my husband in the end...lol

Tmoore's picture

OH...forgot a detail...I did tell her she could come over on tuesday...I just didnt realize that I said it was fine for the whole week

simifan's picture

Do not pick her up; go out all day everyday. Hell, sit in the mall all day if you have to. When he asks where you've been & why precious is home all day alone, look puzzled and say, "Well Darlin', I figured you had plans for her since you never asked about mine."

qtpie013178's picture

I agree with the above comment. Be home as little as possible. Eat out if you can, leave them on their own. Allowing her to visit but pawning her off on you is crap.

Tmoore's picture

lol...and I really am busy most of the week...so that works.

Just an update...lol as soon as she got here she went to the bathroom to change, I didnt see what she was wearing but I assume DH told her to change to try to get me to see that he is doing something about this, i really dont care, making an effort after I said "i'm done" doesnt mean shit to me.

Then SD14 asked my DD8(who is small btw) to carry her shoes and heavy bag to her room...wtf lazy ass, I told DD8 not to that SD14 could do it herself, loud enough for all to hear!!!

SD14 is just on my last nerve, I cant stand anything about her now.

darned confused's picture

I would gladly take my SD15 for a week! But oh wait, she LIVES with us, huh. Tmoore while you bouth should have decided when/how long/who was getting her etc, trust me it could be much much worse. Good luck, don't kill her, don't cook or clean out of the norm, just do u. She is old enuff to fend for herself, she won't starve or dehydrate.