You are here

BM's Volunteer Work

Redsonya's picture

Good lord - the BM works part time and brings home about $1600 a month, plus $1300 from DH, and $300 from the state for being a guardian to the horrible nephew. She stopped making the mortgage payment as soon as her support was lowered to $1300, claims she is feeding the kids from the food bank, was a "sponsor" family for Xmas, NEVER buys the kids any clothes (I bought SD17 a coat two years in a row and we live where it snows) and told the kids she is going to have to turn off the cable TV. She constantly complains to DH that she can barely feed the kids. She has been giving a Gavron order by the judge to become self supporting but she tells DH and put in her court response that she refuses to get another job because her job is being a mom. Hmmmmm...lots of women would like to work part time or stay at home, but they don't, especially when they are divorced, but your primary job is to FEED and HOUSE your kids.

To top it off, she told DH that she has her volunteer work with the Sierra Club as one of the reasons she doesn't have time for anothre job. Really? You have time to volunteer (she is also on the school fund raising board too while SS12 gets F's in school), and you are okay with that while you feed your kids mac and cheese from the food pantry? What the hell is wrong with these people?

sorryilovemydogmore's picture

Ah. Whatshername "volunteers" also. Once a week. She has the boys half the time, so two week days and every other weekend. She left FDH two years ago, but didn't try to find a job, go back to school or even start volunteering then. She figured she was going to get half his income for the rest of her life (they were married 20 years) so she could continue being a SAHM. Thing was, when she was a SAHM, the kids were in daycare. Well, if you want to be a house wife, you need to stay married. If you want a divorce, then get an f-ing job and take care of yourself. For the next couple of years, she gets a boatload in maintenace/cs (about as much as I make) and still tries to cheap out every way she can (like relying on us to buy sneaker for the boys as their "back and forth shoes" so she doesn't have to buy them any - she can just use ours) and sit on her lazy rear the one day a week she isn't "volunteering". It's strange, I can't seem to figure out where the boys are getting the entitled attitudes they seem to be picking up.... I'm sure I'l figure out the source eventually, but for now it's a mystery why they would ever think that they should just have things handed to them without actually having to work for them....

NCMilGal's picture

The answer to "Where were you when SDthen15 was sneaking a 20-yr-old into the house in the afternoons and at night?" was "I have a life!" Riiiiight. Unemployed for 18 months, and I predict she'll get tired of this new job in another month, or get fired within six. Thank GOD she married a sugar daddy, or DH would be getting money-grubbing emails daily instead of monthly.