You are here

BM recalculated child support

SMof2Girls's picture

"The child support you now owe is $309 until the child support is re-calculated by the state of MD. Please send this by check to my new address until the payments are directly with held by your employer."

This was the email BM sent last night. I guess BMs calculate their own child support nowadays? BM and DH agreed to a certain amount ($240) which was calculated using the state calculators. The amount and method of payment is expressly written in their custody agreement. This number does not reflect her increased pay or relocation, so it's actually about double what she'll be recieving once the recalc is done.

But I guess until we have it revisited, she thinks she's just allowed to increase it to whatever she wants? She's so ridiculous. DH got this yesterday (no doubt her attempt to try to ruin his Father's Day) and we just laughed.

SMof2Girls's picture

Right? She has probably convinced herself that as long as what she asks for isn't too much, he'll actually give it to her.

I guess she doesn't realize that $1 more than what he's agreed to pay is absolutely unreasonable.

Steppin's picture

Lmao. Now wouldn't that be some crazy shit! BM's just telling their exes how much to give them, and ex just shrugs, says okay and takes it in the ass. Too funny.

SMof2Girls's picture

She's a nut, for sure. I'm kind of excited to see her response when DH pays the agreed upon amount in July.

SMof2Girls's picture

I can't believe that she really expects him to pay it .. I mean, she's not THAT deluded .. is she? }:)

SMof2Girls's picture

DH pays $240/month for 2 kids. So $120/each. It's mostly because she makes a LOT more money than he does. She's also active duty military so she gets health benefits for free.

They have about 43%/57% custody split .. at an even 50%/50% she'd owe him about $100/month.

Horror stories about the social services depts in MD is part of the reason they agreed to keep the CS calculation out of the system. She's clearly changed her mind on that, so we'll see what happens next. Luckily because their court order addresses CS, she can't just go to the office and have it changed. It HAS to go back before a judge.

SMof2Girls's picture

They'll be revisiting CS next month, so hopefully none of her shenanigans will even matter before then.

Regardless of what SHE calculates, there's actually no way his CS payments can go up. Her income has increased, her BAH has doubled, and DH has the kids MORE time. All factors that work against her. She just likes to make up her own figures to make the calculations more favorable for herself.

Did I also mention that she called the bank where the girls' college fund are and tried to have them cashed out and transferred to her? Luckily they were in DH's name (since he's the one who set them up and the only one who has contributed to them), so the bank called him to verify.

SMof2Girls's picture

If she had actually cashed them out, DH would have gone after her for the money.

The bank didn't process the transfer, so technically she didn't do anything wrong. DH is rolling the funds over into a new account so she won't even know where/how to find the money in the future.

Just never ceases to amaze me ..

SMof2Girls's picture

I know .. it's not HUGE amounts of money we're talking about. DH is a cop, he doesn't make very much money to begin with .. but talk about a low blow. It's money for her KID'S EDUCATION. Sickening ..

SMof2Girls's picture

Considering she didn't realize she needed to do anything productive with her life until she was 27 .. and by that time the only thing she COULD do was join the military .. I can't imagine she's really thinking about her kids' long term future ..

mama_of_many5's picture

I'm envious of both of you. DH pays 660/mth for 1 kid. And BM here would definitely love this new rule of "set your own CS payments" as she's already trying to tell DH what *she* thinks is suitable he pay her for his *primary* child (the kid he had with her) and how their child should be paramount to any other child blah blah LOL crazy girl there's always one hey?

SMof2Girls's picture

No kidding! Our BM is a real piece of work .. I could understand if we were talking about some of the really high CS payments I see around here, but for an extra $60/month?!? Can't reason with crazy .. Biggrin

Jsmom's picture

I seriously hope he doesn't respond. Let the state handle it all. No communication about it with her...

SMof2Girls's picture

Oh, he's not responding. He forwarded it to his lawyer as an FYI, but that's the end of it for now.

Kilgore SMom's picture

I've never heard of a BM telling EXH what to pay her. Shes just crazy. Don't respond.

SMof2Girls's picture

She is also convinced that under the custody agreement they have in place, that DH only gets 35% of the year (minimum required for joint custody in MD). That's actually 25 days LESS than what he really gets.

EvilWickedSM's picture

She's nuts!! I would imagine the amount would have to be revised in the custody agreement before it would actually go into effect...am I right?

SMof2Girls's picture

Yes, that's how it should work. She could try and go change it, but she's already agreed in emails to sit down with the lawyers again in July to rework the numbers with her new salary info.

If she tried something sneaky, DH would take her to court .. and BM can't afford that .. and she knows that.

SMof2Girls's picture

I'm very glad she puts it all in writing. It hasn't really helped us a whole lot so far, but as time goes on and her crazy grows, it's nice to have it just in case Smile

atpeace's picture

My SO pay $850 per child (2 of them) a month and $1350 lifetime alimony per month to ex wife...his ex has taken him to court where in NJ this horrendous judge only allows the BM to speak and she just keeps adding arrears to his monthly...for BM's expenses....his agreements states anything above and beyond child support but be agreed by both parties and receipts must be submitted to him....NEVER has she discussed ANYTHING WITH HIM or SUBMITTED A RECEIPT TO HIM or the COURT...but here in our fabulous state of NJ......anything goes...I can't tell you how sick to my stomach I am....we were advised by many lawyers that because of WHO this judge is if he walks into court with an attorney she will not react well because why do you have money for a judge but not for the expenses....MY SO works all day and drives for a car service at night and on weekends.......NJ and the judges here are horrendous...sorry ramble.....prob none of what I wrote even is making sense just irrate...

SMof2Girls's picture

Wow .. that's terrible. It seems like the judge screwing him without an attorney anyway .. so might as well hire one and get some help! That really sucks for you guys Sad

SanAntonioSoccerMom's picture

Her BAH changed the minute she signed into her new base. She should get the BAH difference at the end of the month pay.