Things I wish someone would have told me BEFORE I fell down the rabbit hole....
1. Having a blended family is 100% harder the second time around than it was the first. #thebradyssuck
2. You will became public enemy number from the day you say I do.
3. Inlaws may hate their ex daughter-in-law, but she gave them their grand kids. Never forget that.
4. His kids are not my kids. My kids are not his kids. Don't kid yourself, otherwise.
5. His baggage and your baggage are not a matching set. Be prepared to travel with them throughout your marriage. You can't throw it out and buy new.
6. Rules and chores ...who are you kidding. There is a standard for his kids, there is a standard for your kids, they look nice posted on the fridge though.
7. The kids are NEVER going to leave. Doesn't matter how old they are, they will always be his kids.
8. Loving him is the easy part. Living with his past and present is the balancing act.
9. When all else fails, blame the stepmom.
10. During the holidays, birthdays, graduations, being a tad bit tipsy will get you through.
11. Intimacy exists only when the doors are bolted shut, blinds are closed, you hide the car in the garage, turn off the cell phone and take shallow breaths - the kids hear everything.
12. Everything you own, just became theirs.
13. There are no redos. These kids are just as damaged as you are.
14. BioMom maybe the biggest waste of skin, but she is Mary Poppins and Mother of the Year when she appears.
15. Eight years, it will take this long or longer, before you finally feel like are making progress.