The “Evil” Step Parent
Realizing I turned into that type of step mother when I:
- Thoroughly enjoyed weekends/holidays without those skids
- Felt relief to hear the phrase "them kids not coming over this weekend"
- Jumped for joy with his kids (BOTH of them at the same time) opted out of coming over
- Couldn't wait until they left on Sundays and got triggered if he extended their stay (because I was rarely informed or consulted)
- Anytime dude forgot his phone I purposely refused to retrieve it so that his ball n chains wouldn't interrupt my time with their non-stop calling over trivial sh*t
- I have purposely hidden his phone to avoid skids pinging him at inappropriate times
- Felt huge rush of dopamine saying NO (as a FINAL answer) when it required helping his ex wife get respite from her own kids.
- Felt not one ounce of guilt for feeling the way I feel....guilt riddled Disney dad has enough guilt for everyone lol!