Now that SKID is visiting again, I am irritated because:
Now that SKID (SD9) is visiting again, I am irritated because:
• I’ll have to ask for privacy every morning when I want to get dressed in my own bedroom (she comes and crawls into bed with DH in the morning – which is fine if she could recognize when it’s time to leave the room again – I could smack DH for making me ask every morning – then he doesn’t feel like getting up or telling her to leave so he tells her to turn her head the other way!!!). I need to say more about this: Am I strange for not wanting to undress in front of her? I don’t think so, but even though DH hasn’t said so in so many words, he obviously thinks I’m just being difficult.
• I will have to wash my hair and BD2’s with lice shampoo while she’s around, because she visits with a head full of head lice every time.
• My BD2 will hate me for a while because I’ll be cautious and comb her hair with a fine tooth comb – she has curly, frizzy hair (unlike SDs very straight hair).
• I’ll have to remove my shower gel and shampoo from the shower every night if I don’t want her to use it all (and then lie to me about it!).
• I’ll have to make sure that I shower at night (she showers in the morning) if I want any hot water.
• If I do shower in the morning (after her – in cold water), I’ll have to contend with a drenched bathroom and mat.
• DH won’t do certain things around the house that he normally does, because he’s visiting with SD9.
• DH will do certain things around the house that he doesn’t normally do (and doesn’t need to do), because it has entertainment value for SD9.
• DH will be buying her sweets and presents from every shop that they visit.
• She’ll be imitating BD2 in the way that she speaks – very irritating having a 9 year old calling daddy in a two year old voice and repeating all the little endearing phrases that BD2 says.
• I’ll have to hide the snacks I buy for BD2 for pre-school or otherwise will have to put up with finding none available when I need it (cereal bars, dried fruit, nuts etc.).
• I’ll have to hide my sweets and chocolates (which I only eat once a week – her dad buys her these things all the time) if I actually want to have any to eat.
And those are just the few things that I could think up at first go – feel free to add some (I certainly will – as part of my own personal venting exercise).
Oh, I thought of a nickname for SD9 – it’s PEBT – I won’t tell you what it stands for because it has to do with physical features and I feel a bit like a rat for being nasty (she can’t help what she looks like after all). Anyway, I don’t feel bad enough not to use the name, so I’m obviously just an old wicked stepmother cow, but whatever. I pronounce it with a silent b, like debt!