You are here

*Update on SD14 clothing

canigetabm's picture

Now I know why there are NEVER any consequences....sigh! So I get home from work & am getting ready to go to dinner SD14 yells where is"canigetabm"...Fdh getting ready upstairs. I'm thinking oh great here we go while he is hiding downstairs joking with my bs. SD14 comes in and starts yacking away how the teacher in the office was so rude today who dress coded her and said "I need a mother in my life to show me how to dress"....what if my mom was dead..."she isn't but she doesnt count"..."the closest thing I have is you, canigetabm". "I know the shorts were too short and I already threw them away"...all I could say was we will have to go get you some shorts that fit right...then a big hug from her. FDH comes up and says..isn't that sooo sad. All i could think was MASTER MANIPULATER!!!! If you knew they were too short why did you wear them? Big sigh...

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

Let the games begin!!! SD14 pulls this crap with me all the time. She wants me to take her shopping, and she will act all excited about the clothes we pick out together. In the end, all but that high-low skirt I buy her are balled up on the bottom of her closet unworn...ever. The high-low skirt, which was really cute at it's intended length, has the top rolled to make it even shorter after she leaves the house, so that it is barely covering her hooha in the front (she has come home from school, and I guess forgotten that she forgot to roll down the skirt, or thought I would be in my home office and she could bolt to her room to change to PJs before I saw her).

In our case SD14 tried to send a bunch of trash bags of stuff to Goodwill, but after I brought up to DH that I have yet to see her wear much of what we bought her for school, and he saw the piles of clothes in her room, no clothing is leaving this house until we get a free Saturday to go through every stitch of clothing! The three of us (because I've insisted that he be involved) will go through every stitch of clothing, making her try stuff on, and will determine what goes and what stays. Things that are too small or show too much cleavage will find it's way out the door!