You are here

Ungrateful spoiled teen baby boys can't call to wish happy father's day.

Mentalgirl48's picture

This gets under my skin.
Neither brat has bothered to call their father yet to say happy father's day.. Every year I remind them to do so.. Just asked him and he said neither boy has called..
Grrrrrrr...So incredibly selfish

Tiffanyartist11's picture

Our 2 have arrived for the entire upcoming week. The one acts hungover and they act like its been a chore to spend the day with their dad. I can relate. They're jerks.

runninglawmom's picture

Neither of my Dh's kids have called or even texted, either.

But I shouldn't be surprised - his supposedly "better" daughter was married last month and asked her grandpa to walk her down the aisle instead of dad. Nice eh?

Angel_diablo's picture

My bf has 2 boys, ages 9 & 15 and has 50/50 custody with his ex. He always sees them on Father's Day regardless if it's his week with the kids or not. This year was the exception. It was not his week with the kids but because bf's Father is away on vacation, he decided to wait for his Father to return so his Dad could see his grandkids & celebrate it together.

Well the morning of Father's Day, my boyfriend tells me he was going to call the kids at their Mom's cause it was Father's Day. I asked him why he would call them...it should be up to them to call HIM. I knew exactly why he wanted to call them and that was simply because my bf didn't trust that his kids would do it.
I really hoped they would cause I knew it would hurt my boyfriend if they didn't.

Later in the afternoon, ss9 (he's not officially my ss but you know what i mean) called to wish him a Happy Father's Day. It made my bf so incredibly happy. My bf continues talking to SS9 for a little while (i could hear the entire convo since i was sitting right beside my bf) & at some point i hear SS9 yell out to SS15 that their Dad was on the phone, to wish him a Happy Father's Day. Well sure enough, he never took the phone. I have to tell you ladies, I was floored.
Not quite sure why i was so shocked. He disrespects & acts like a smart ass to my bf constantly but this incident really got to me. After my bf hung up with SS9, i asked my boyfriend why he doesn't speak up & call his son out on it. It's a sign of disrespect & by not saying a word to ss15, it's like you are condoning & accepting his disrespect. If i were my bf, i would have MADE SS9 put SS15 on the phone & called him out on it (you know, something like "what? is it too much work to pick up a phone & wish me a Happy Father's Day??".
Of course, my bf said he would speak to him about it when he next saw him but alas, he did not.

Anyways, this whole Father's Day incident just left me with a feeling of disgust. Not only with my SS15 but with my bf himself. He's got no balls to speak up, to command respect & this is exactly why ss15 has no concept of respect. Not for his Dad & not for anyone else for that matter.

Kelly32's picture

SS19 didn't contact his Dad on Father's Day. His Dad took an overdose 2 months ago, we have a lot of stresses in our lives right now - obviously, he survived, but is being checked on by a Mental HEalth Doctor. SS went off the rails a year ago and moved out. When he found out about his Dad's unfortunate incident, he came home, crying and attempting to be a good son. But, he started behaving badly shortly after and started doing the same things we kicked him out for before. He didn't even text his Dad on Father's Day. He's an asshole, through and through. I'm finished with him, for sure.