You are here

SS 15 can't lift toilet seat

Still_Frustrated's picture

Sad I threw in the towel on asking SS to do chores a long time ago...but is it too much to ask him to lift toilet seat. There are two males and two females in our house Me, CLW, our duaghter and her son). I have beenliterally asking hin for years to lift the seat. When he doesn't and when I do lift it to use the toilet, his piss runs down or is already there on the bowl and I have to wipe it up. I know a lot of you will say just leave it or get him to wipe it but it just starts huge fights if I ask him to get off his ass to wipe it and his mother will say I'm "nagging again" WOW..it's not enough he gets away without lifting a finger but he can't even lift toilet seat. So do I nag, leave it and live in a pig sty, ask his mother once again for her support (which will start a fight). I nicely said to him tonight "can you try to remember to lift the toilet seat", for litteraly the hundredth time...he didn't answer, grunt or anything...his mother was sitting right beside him and didn't say a word. I would run but we have a daughter together whom I l love. Any answers out there ?

Kes's picture

I have a son in law who is 29 and when he and my daughter come to stay he lifts the seat but never puts it back down again.
I think you just have to keep banging on about it to him, and hope that the "broken record" effect will eventually kick in. If you mention it when other folk are there and embarrass him, it might be more effective. Go into a lot of graphic detail about his piss running all over the place. Teenage boys are usually quite easy to embarrass.

I would love to do that BUT his mother would get even angrier and call me on embarrassiing him but I will keep it in mind...thanks

giveitago's picture

Put a note on the door warning other household members that there might be stale urine on the seat from (insert name) and for them to give their hands an extra wash.
Then make him a sandwich and emphasize the point that you hope you washed your hands well enough not to upset his stomach.
Do you have another bathroom you can use? If so then I'd do that and leave the other family members to deal with him and his laziness...maybe they will get the point accross to him?
How would it be if he had to clean the bathroom?
Bah!!

Thanks but he uses both toilets and does it to both. 5 more years till he's gone if I'm lucky but I'm sure he will bring home pounds of dirty clothes because his mother hasn't prepared him for the real world and I have no say in anything