You are here

SD14 is nonstop texting/calling

rainbow bright83's picture

Sd14 is known to go overboard with texting/calling people. She has been threatened with having the police called on her because once she has your number she wont stop.
It is very common for dh to receive multiple texts (im talking like 5 within 1 min, no joke. I dont know how she does it. I cant even text that fast)
The text go something like this:
"Hi"
"Hi dad"
"Dad what are you doing"
"Dad hi"
Then the phone call....
"Dad did you get my text? Oh I just wanted to say hi. Ok, talk to you later."
Then the text continue....
"Hey dad, when do you get off work tomorrow?"
"I'm going to be going to bed now"
"Love you dad"
"hi"

And this goes on till about 11pm or so. She steals her moms phone or will use her ipad so its never ending.

Does anyone else's skid do this?

sd14 had mandatory therapy due to molestation from a family member. So yes, and on top of that she is being treated for ADHD.
DH wont do anything about it since he finds nothing wrong with it. BM doesnt care because while sd14 is texting/harassing BM doesnt have to "deal" with her. She (sd14) has done this phone harassing stuff since she was about 7-8yrs old. No one does anything about it. I, on the other hand, will normally tell her to stop it. (when she is at my inlaws) There is no reason for her to constantly call people just because she is bored.

onthefence2's picture

I kinda laughed when you said "5 texts in a min" because I have a friend who will text me that much in about 15 secs. She is ALWAYS on her phone. ALWAYS taking pics to put on instagram/fb to show the world her awesome life. And yes, the fact that she is on instagram, liking her children's teeny bopper friends' stuff is kinda sickening. Anyway...

Kids demand instant everything and this is no different. Why wouldn't Daddy respond immediately, because the world revolves around MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?! Clearly she has issues, so the parents need to take the devices away and monitor how/when she uses them. She should be rewarded with them, not given free reign. My friend I mentioned, her daughter (barely 12) is just as bad and can carry on a conversation with someone while playing on her phone and not even realize later that it happened. It's crazy.

Sd14 has befriended my cousin's 16yr old girl. My cousin came over to talk and informed me about sd14's phone harassment. I told my cousin: It Wont Stop.
She said not only has her daughter asked her to stop calling/texting (it goes on till late hours of the night, on any given day), but that she herself got on the phone with sd14 and told her to stop. It never did. So now they have to shut the phone off. I told my cousin just to block the damn number she's calling/texting from.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Can you put parental controls on there for the number of text messages? I know you can set it to be blocked at certain times of the day on Verizon, so maybe start with that. Maybe 10am to 9pm on weekends and even less on school days.

She's going to get carpal thumb, lol.

~ Moon

Oh god forbid I step in and train DH's spawn to have any type of etiquette. I just let DH know that his spawn is most likely going to be threatened with police intervention yet again due to her harassment. My DH gets soooooo mad at me. But I look at it this way, If it was someone else's kid doing it to us or one of our kids he would be threatening the same thing. And he should know better as he was a police officer! lol

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Yes, you might want to put earplugs in first, because the sound from the fallout will be horrendous lol.

I know what you're dealing with, so start easy on Disney DH.

"Honey, don't you see what's happening here?"
"DH, open your eyes."
"DH, get your head out of the sand."
"DH, start parenting your child."

If all else fails, rip into your best rendition of "It's A Small World!"

I did this little by little with my DH and he has slowly started to see the light. I have slowly started to gain some confidence around here when speaking my mind, and he is stepping up. It's nerve wracking, but give it a try. Not your kid to parent, but parenting needs to be done.

My DH and now-deceased BM divorced when the SDs were 12 and 6. (They are now at the lovely ages of 19 and 13). DH likes to tell me I've never raised kids. I look at him and reply, YOU'VE never raised a teenager!" LOL

~ Moon