You are here

Is it wrong to wish they would fall off the face of the earth?

Tiffanyartist11's picture

Another weekend with the skids starts tonight. I made dinner with a screaming 6 week old in my arms while they sat on their asses.
Also I've complained about them ruining the hand towels in the bathroom so they've started wiping their hands on the shower curtain! Who does that!?!? Also my husband let's the younger one bathe in my whirlpool tub. Ugh... The countdown to Sunday begins

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Once DH gets home, you "need to take the baby upstairs." I hope you are there already. Six weeks? I'm sending you strength to deal with those Skids. You have your hands full with a precious little one. Smile

It may sound wasteful, but put a roll of paper towels in the bathroom when they come over. They'll think they're special and your stuff won't get ruined.

kathc's picture

Not wrong at all, I think any sane woman has wished her skids never existed at some point. Wink

Focus on your sweet baby and tell your dh he needs to step it up with his kids.

Unfortunately due to harvest I don't see my DH too much right now. His children still feel the need to come over here...

I like the idea of paper towels in the bathroom though.

Rags's picture

Nope, not wrong at all. It is too bad there is not a "fall of the planet" button that could be pushed to rid each of us of the toxic blended family opposition that we struggle with.

In our case it is not the Skid that I would disappear. I have for decades considered sacrificing a goat to the gods of Karma to have a nice sized meteor or comet strike on a Sperm Clan family reunion and filter that shallow and polluted gene pool from the lexicon of humanities future.

Of course the Skid will miss that reunion. He is a mutant and somehow has managed to avoid the major toxic element of the shallow and polluted end of his gene pool.

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

You are not wrong at all! On a daily basis I think to myself, "She just needs to leave...be out of my house...and never come back!" The more I look at SheSloth and her ways, the happier I am that I got my tubes tied before I met DH. He often talks that he regrets that we never had a child together, but then I look at how spoiled rotten SheSloth acts, and I'm glad I don't have a younger child in the house! I would hate to have to explain to a younger child every day why the rules did not apply to their older sister. At least with my bios, they are significantly older than SheSloth (daughter is 8 years older, son is 4 years older), and they fully understand what is going on. They don't like it, because they feel I'm being taken advantage of and not respected, but they get it.

Sending prayers your way. You are in a tough situation! Your DH needs to man up and parent those kids, especially if he isn't going to help you with the baby. At the very least, while you were cooking dinner, he should have taken the baby for you! Just because he is a man is no excuse! My SIL just had a baby, and my BIL takes every opportunity he can to hold his daughter! SIL needs a nap, needs to cook dinner, etc., he will take the baby! He will feed her, change her, rock her. Of course, if your DH is not even parenting the kids he has, it isn't surprising that he isn't feeling bonded to the baby either!

I was told today after we got into a text message argument about the dbags never cleaning up after themselves that "you knew what you were getting into when we got married." Apparently I did not know what I was getting into otherwise I may have reconsidered my choice.