Help

taelyra's picture

Never been a parent, have 6 step children, 4 of them are teens, 3 of those live with me and their dad.

The youngest girl smokes marijuana, has an attitude from hell, won't listen to me or her dad, selfish, steals, won't take no for an answer, demands a reason if she's told no, and has deliberately tried to get pregnant.. she just turned 15.

The next girl has an attitude at times, has told me once that I'm not her mother, and worries about boys, age 16.

The boy isn't too much of a hassle, age 17.

The next boy, age 18, steals (even from his own dad), attitude from hell, won't listen to me or his dad, has broken his brother's stuff out of anger, and has even tried to physically challenge his dad.

Don't get me wrong, I love them, and their father, but I'm at my wits end and just don't know what to do anymore.

Please help.

chaoticsteplife's picture

Sorry to hear that, you seem stuck in pretty bad situation...
I would like to have a bit more detail to help give you more input....teenagers can be VERY difficult to handle, especially if you are not the Bio-parent and just "stepped in"
Have you been living with them for a long time? What about the other two...how old are they? How does your boyfriend deal with this? Are you involved in their education and if yes since when? etc etc...
No matter what, don't give up and express yourself; may it be here or anywhere else you feel the need.
And don't forget to breath.
Chaotic

2Bloved's picture

Drag the 15 yo brat to the doctors and get her either Depo if it's still on the market, Norplant, or an IUD.

Do the same with the 16 yo.

Praise the 17 yo.

Kick 18 yo out, or else strip him of everything buy basic necessities. Repeat for child 1 and 2.

Put a lock on 17 yo door, give him the key. (and make a copy for yourself).

2Bloved's picture

Too funny