You are here

This is the greatest news ever!

Calypso1977's picture

Haha, so here in lovely massachusetts my fiance will be responsible for 1/3 of SD's college tuition. But is TUITION ONLY, and its capped at the state college tuition rate (meaning if she goes to somewhere really expensive, my fiance is only on the hook for 1/3 of the state rate).

So i looked it up this morning - TUITION is $857 a semester. There is a "curriculum fee" of $4700.

The only "fee" he is to pay 1/3 of is APPLICATION fees. No other fees. Its explicit in his agreement.

Here i was thinking we'd potentially have to spend maybe $4K-$5K per year.

Best part is dumbass BM said she'd pay 100% of all room and board. LOLOL!

Its the small victories i guess....

Calypso1977's picture

probably moot as SD will never get into college, but still makes me feel good that BM might get it stuck to her.

and of course if she doesnt go to college - CS ends at 19 so she STILL gets it stuck to her.

LOL!

Rags's picture

It is always good when you have a windfall that includes a related increase in cost for the toxic blended family opposition.

We tried like crazy to get my Skid to go to college and nail his Sperm Idiot for 4 more years of CS. The only change would have been that the CS payments would have direct deposited to the Skid's account instead of my brides account. The deal was that his mom and I would pay for all school related costs (tuition, fees, room, board, car insurance, etc...) but he had to keep DickHead on the hook for CS as the CO stipulated. But, the Skid allowed the Sperm Clan to guilt him out of that. Fortunately SS learned his lesson quickly. As soon as he enlisted they started badgering him to send money every month to help raise his 3 younger also out of wedlock sperm idiot spawned half sibs by 2 more baby mamas.

To get the Sperm Clan to STFU SS verified with the state that if he was a full time student he could nail DickHead for CS even if he was a fully self supporting adulta nd active duty military. The USAF sent SS straight to school after BMT and he has been carrying a full load ever since as well as working full time.

When he told Sperm Grandma to quit bugging him for money or he would call the DA to begin payroll withholding of his college CS money from the Sperm Idiot’s checks tat got her to SFTU.

That's my boy!!!! }:) }:) }:)

Calypso1977's picture

sad thing is, if my SD wasnt such a rude, disrespectful out of control twit, and made school her #1 priority and did well, my fiance would probably be willing to pay above what the CO requires.

SD and her mother have no one to blame but themselves.

Jsmom's picture

Amazing...tuition at a state school here is almost 5K a semester. My kid has a scholarship that pays that and I pay the rest. Which comes out to about 6K.

My SD18 should not be going to college with a 1.2 GPA but she is. Lucky for us nothing in the CO about school, so idiot BM is paying. 11K a semester to go to a school that was a community college a few years ago. Basically, if you will pay, they will take you.

Calypso1977's picture

to clarify - the tuition and FEES puts a semester at about $6K. but for some reason UMass sets it up as $857 is TUITION and then about $5,000 is FEES.

but we are lucky as per the CO, fiance is responsible for TUITION ONLY. No fees (other than application fees) and no room and board, etc.