You are here

Give me advice please

ddsoccer's picture

I am engaged to a man I love dearly. Between us both we have four children 23, 19, 19 and 18. I moved in with him that he and his children have lived in for 18 years. I guess now even though they only live here during the summer, they are complaining about how I decorated “their” house, complaining about it to their father and on face book. I need help dealing with some issues.
First I just found out that HIS children are telling me I cannot marry their father for 5 years because of their colleges (grant money they want with his income), if we get married than they lose some benefits. I just cannot believe how two children can predict my future with my future hubby
His 19 daughter calls him daily wanting things. I need this, I need that, no matter what our money situation is, and he gives her everything. If he does not do it right away, she calls calls and calls until he says I will right now. I don’t mean cheap things either, 180.00 coat, 190.00 boots, 80.00 make up kit, things like this (he just bought her all these things less than a year ago and she wants new again). Everything is all about her. We fight all the time because of her and how he gives her everything that she needs to get a job stop using him as a piggy bank (my honey works two jobs because of this situation). As long as you do what she wants, she is nice, other than that look out.
My two children have tried to get along with them but they just look at us like we are white trash. Just because we do things different doesn’t mean we are not the same.

DaizyDuke's picture

If he does not do it right away, she calls calls and calls until he says I will right now. I don’t mean cheap things either, 180.00 coat, 190.00 boots, 80.00 make up kit....Everything is all about her....As long as you do what she wants, she is nice, other than that look out
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Good Gawd! Another pain in the ass, entitled, selfish, rotten, BM in the making! This sounds like my BM to a friggin "T"

ddsoccer's picture

You know, I have two boys...totally different than a girl, i have asked around they say thier girls want to spend spend spend all the time too. But isnt there some kind of limit? What the hell am I missing? Wink

oneoffour's picture

I agree. It comes down to what can you live with and what is your line in the sand.

I wouldn't move in with anyone unless their kids were 80% OK with it. The stife and stress is just not worth it esp. if my partner is unwilling to change or adjust things to accomodate both of our styles of parenting.

ddsoccer's picture

You are so right that I need to sit down and do a heart to heart of what I should do. I know he sticks up for me and all but the stress she puts us both in just hard to figure out. I never in my life would have imagined a child being so controlling of a parent.

TheWickedStepmom's picture

Run for the hills because THAT situation will NEVER get better and it will be you and your kids that are always made to be the bad guys. Good luck... you've got a lot to consider... oh, and welcome to the group. Smile