You are here

Drama drama drama when it comes to SDs!

Anonomommy's picture

So last night I asked SD 17 (who recently moved in w my husband and 2 sons 10,13) to please put her clothes in an extra dresser instead of putting her clothes in my 13 yr. old sons dresser. SD wants to sleep in his br and take over his room. SD got so angry she litterally moves everything shoes backpacks not just her clothes. The room this extra dressers in is a dining room ( can't fit a a bed in and small house as it was ). Last night SD started playing her daddy and cries and boo hoo'd that she has no where to go. Well I say to daddy tell her why her BM is angry tell SD she was wrong and did cause this situation in the first place by lying and calling CPS-long story why the SD lives with us. My son does have 2 beds in his room for friends when they stay etc. I am not happy that my SD 17 and my 13 son are sleeping in the same room. He does not need to be up close and personal in her life. My son has started saying things like I'll move out ( just snotty little things she would say!). Obviously I laugh and loudly so everyone can hear say "you don't have a clue little kid, you'll be begging to come back to mommy and daddy"! I'm trying to hang in my marriage as I believe that it is the best for my boys and I but I'm sure when I hit my breaking point that my husband will prob make me the bad guy. He always takes his kids side in any and every situation.

moeilijk's picture

If you have BS13 and BS10, why aren't they in the same room instead of BS13 sharing with SD17?

Anonomommy's picture

My SDs are 17 and 20 and have never lived with us on a full or ever part time regular schedual. They only came about once or twice a month. When my husband and I moved into our house ten years ago we had set up a boy and girls room however the SD never came around and when they did they would not even play in their room let alone sleep in it. They always had to sleep on the couches only bc it was my rule to be in bed at bedtime! And don't think I haven't tried through out the years to put the boys back in the same room so the SD would have a room but everytime the SD won't come back around for a month and when they did would sleep in LR. My sons like all their ages bicker and it was better for them to have separate rooms. I don't see the point in having a br not being used. I do not think it is fair to make the boys share a room now when who knows what SD17 will be doing in a month. Her BM needs to step up and make her go home and face what she has done.

Willow2010's picture

Wait...you have a 13year old and 17 year old of the opposite sex, sharing a room?! Bad move.

Take the spare bed out of your sons room and squeeze it somewhere else. hopefully she will go back to BM asap.

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

While the easy (or not so easy) solution would be to make the boys share a room, I can sympathize with the fact that it is not fair to make them give up having their own rooms only to possibly have SD17 go back to BM's or elsewhere in a few weeks. It also isn't their fault that SD17 will not go home because she does not want to face BM and the lies she tried to tell to get BM in trouble! She should be forced to go back home, or let BM find a suitable place for SD17 to stay (like a grandparent or something) while this thing blows over instead of allowing it to cause turmoil in your home.

My4kidsmom's picture

Yes! Agreed. If she will lie to DCS once she will do it again and perhaps at great cost to you and your children.