You are here

Boyfriend son

lingling's picture

I been with with my boyfriend  a year now , everything was great , I have 9 year old daughter and he has 13 year old son ,he doesn’t see him often he lives in different state , well one day we all went out behind my back his son was bad mouthing my daughter and shoving her off , telling my diaghyer I don’t like your mom , you guys need to go home , he was literally saying hurt fuk things to my daughter , I told my boyfriends about it and he told me their just a child 4 years difference, i remind him my child is child your son is teenager , his excuse is his the only child he has , and it annoying they treat him like his baby toddler , my daughter is more mature , he talk like he has mentally delay , he cry if you mention chucky I means crying like his 5 year old , throw a fit , he still sleep with his stitch the bear wtf , and I never seen any boy that still want to cuddle with his dad literally sleep with jk. I don’t get it , he doesn’t act a normal teenager he act more like his 5 year old ... my bf want to be part of my family , and I’m confused if I wanan be with him if his excuses if his son trying to hurt my daughter and his excuse will be their just kids 

Siemprematahari's picture

Any man that dimisses his partners/spouses concerns, especially if it's in regard to the safety of their child should be enough in my opinion to end the relationship. Your child's well being comes 1st and if your BF doesn't want to address his son for bullying her and thinks its ok because of their ages....well you have more things to worry about.

The issue here is not so much his son but the lack of parenting, disciplining, and consequences that your BF lacks. If that is not improved and/or corrected you will be in for many years of misery.

Rags's picture

Time to make this guy your XBF.  Give your kid and yourself a break and leave this failed father in your past.

Harry's picture

He will never see his child doing wrong. He will never see his child being social behind.  It will always be someone else fault.  Actually it will be your fault because you can not LOVE this child as he should be loved.   Time to think about leaving. Or at least seeing someone , for help.  What most likely do no good.