You are here

Been Awhile since I've been here...

pandalove984's picture

I have been a member of this site for a while now but it has been awhile since I have been on. I thought things would get better with my situation but they have not. I have been married to DH for a year and a half and we have been together 7years. He has 2 children to another woman and they were never married. in the beginning of our relationship things were good with this whole thng, but after a while got worse. I hate when they are around to the point it almost depresses me. I make plans with friends and family just so I don't have to be near them. Don't get me wrong- I have done thngs with them. And I have tried just even talking to them. SD is not so much a problem as SS is. She will talk whenever, where ever, which can get annoying at times. But SS and I have nothing in common and as I've said, I have tried even just talking. But they make no effort coming to me to even talk and I am over trying. DH asks every so often about the issue, but more or less leaves it alone, accepting that I have things to do when they come over. And to make matters worse, BM has began posting things about me on facebook about my "ignoring" my DH kids. As I said, i'm done trying because these are not small children we are talking about here. they can clearly live for themselves and come to me if they want, which they don't. I never want anythng to happen to DH and I, and we are even beginnng to try for our own child. I just look toward the day when they don't want to visit their dad as much anymore, which I also wonder at times why this hasn't happened yet since I didn't sleepover at my father's after turning 15 and gaining a new job and friends and other things to do. I am hoping that coming here will once again at least make me feel a little better about the whole situation. I hate feeling the way I do about them, even though it doesn't seem to affect anything about DH and my relationship. Please don't look down on me for feeling this way. It's just so hard! Sad

Jsmom's picture

Completely understandable. You can try once in awhile, but they make it so hard. I don't think you are doing anything wrong. But, you do need to realize they are his kids forever and they probably won't want to stop having a relationship with him.

Unfreakingreal's picture

I did this for a long time too. Everytime it was Skid weekend I'd take my BS and leave to do something or another. I did it for a few months. I didn't wanna have anything to do with his children and I didn't want to be responsible for feeding them, entertaining them, watching them, NOTHING. If he had to work on a weekend when his Skids were coming I'd make him take the day off because I wasn't going to stay with them. It put a strain on our marriage, it hurt my DH's feelings and eventually he called me out on it. I had to find a way to make him understand how i felt and we were able to discuss the things that bothered me. The constant need to go and SHOP for his Skids when they were at our house, the constant restaurants, bowling, movies etc..We had no money to do these things and he was just going overboard trying to please them. HE finally stopped doing all that nonsense and things got better, but it is a constant struggle. My SSis 18 and lives with us and my SD is 10. I can't wait till both of these children are out of my life for good. I know I will be so happy when that happens.

pandalove984's picture

I know that they will never not have a relationship with him. I just wait for the day when they do not want to have sleepovers with him anymore. at this point, with them being teenagers, i just don't want to try anymore like i said because they don't try either. its not like they're 5 and i need to do all the work. they can do it too, but don't. then run home to BM and she takes what they say as being completely all my fault. I will just continue to do my own thing when they come over so as to keep myself sane. I am just so glad there is a site like this that I can come to for talking/support!

I can relate to the spending of money too! DH tries all he can to please them to be the better parent and it is insane. we don't have the money to spend on things right now, so they just sit in front of the tv all weekend or walk around the mall or my DH drives SS around to places he wants to go. BM doesn't have a car supposedly so he is always asking DH to come get him and take him places. thankfully DH doesn't do this normally until weekends SK are supposed to come visit. I just hate having to change our lives to fit their visits. especially when we planned to do something together and poof the skids want to come or don't want to come all of a sudden and the plans have to change. i just look forward to the day when they get lives and decide to not visit as much!