You are here

Just looking to vent

Orángejello LeTayTay's picture

Uhh. My daughter is a full grown adult. I was very loving and strict with her. My step son is 11, needy, very immature, loud, doesn't possess social etiquette, doesn't do chores, doesn't get punished. As a result, I spend too much of my time in the bedroom. This isn't some every other weekend thing. He lives with us. And there isn't even a bathroom in our bedroom!

So here it is Halloween. He's home early with another very immature friend spending the night. The other mother is supposed to come over for drinks. Yeah, I've tried hanging out with her twice. Ignores me, and has nothing to talk about except for her son, which interrupts every five minutes. So, I'm already in the bedroom hiding knowing my one drink won't last enough, and I already have to go to the bathroom. Thanks for listening. I apologise for any typos or format issues. It's not like I can...oh I don't know...go down to my office and use a desktop.

We want to have friends. But this is the typical"my child is the center of the universe." Parent. I'd be up for an evening of adults enjoying themselves. Not am evening of an 11 year old that acts about 5 constantly needing, interrupting, etc. My wife is willing to give her one more chance, but I'm already done...lol I wrote of patents like that decades ago. No need to reinvent the wheel...lol

ESMOD's picture

It's like we often say..you don't have a Skid problem, you have a spouse problem.

Or..

Perhaps the kid has developmental issues and he needs help with that? It may not be his fault he annoys you when he may not be in control of everything.

It's like an unruly dog. Unpleasant to be around, but generally, it's the owner's fault.

So the kid is immature and annoying to you... that's your wife's failure. A child isn't going to emerge fully formed into the world knowing how to act and all.

I would try to cultivate some guy friends.. it doesn't sound like hanging out with the mommy clique is fun for you.

Fortunately, she doesn't HAVE a mommy clique. It is miserable for her too. I'll be more blunt here then to her face: she can't parent. And in my opinion, many parents can't. My problem is, I don't condone the behavior. She does nothing about it. I'm not the parent and am not going to be the dick. Because I don't condone the behavior, and because the first response should be consequences for actions, I just simply have to ignore him and go hide. Sucks for me. At least it is an early lesson for him when he grows up. He will have to act like a human being in order for people to like him. Whatever.

Acratopotes's picture

Immediately tell SS - no more our room, this is my room now stay the eff out of it, and if your husband does not like it he can move in with SS..
lock the door...

secondly tell your husband no more buddy buddy with his Ex, she's not allowed into your house, you owe this woman nothing, and if he does not like it tell him to move in with her..

Your husband is a problem and it's time for you to install some boundaries.