You are here

From the dad

elenamadley's picture

Is it wrong to hold resentment and not to like my child as much cause he looks more like my ex then me lol?

Crspyew's picture

Your own kid?  Over something he had no control over?  Sure, it's not wrong--Seriously?  Don't you purport to be a highly educated person?  You should know better.  My son is the spitting image of my Ex.  I have never ever loved him one iota less nor resented him because of how our DNA shook up and turned out.  Wonder how your son feels about you--because believe me he knows how you feel about him.

CLove's picture

I think OP is referrring to the fact that her partner doesnt like his own child much. He loves him but doesnt like the person he is becomming and growing into.

The OP doesnt seem to be talking about their own bio child.

CajunMom's picture

Is this a Bot or some type of sick joke post????  If not, get yourself some psyche help immediately. Or leave that kid with your ex. Wow. That poor child. No wonder he's acting out and always wanting to go home (see prior post under this screen name). 

notsurehowtodeal's picture

No sure who is really posting here, but this child knows his Dad resents him and doesn't like him and that is influencing his poor behavior. Dad needs to get some therapy and in the meantime, maybe letting the kid spend more time with his Mom is a good idea.

justmakingthebest's picture

My son is the spitting image of his father (my ex)- there is nothing that would even remotely decrease my love for him. He is MY child. 

ESMOD's picture

It's not normal for a bio parent.. but it can be normal for a stepparent to see their partner's ex and have that be triggering.

If you are the father here really posting.. you need to get yourself in therapy if you are resenting your child like that.. I don't care if your EX didn't let you be around as much or if you hate her.. this kid does'nt deserve to be resented because his parents are AH's.

DPW's picture

"lol"?

Cmon now. So immature. 

Rags's picture

Nea