Yay!

Lalena75's picture

I'm glad this was created, I don't have skids with disabilities (well not diagnosed and not severe)but I work with young adults and adults with mental and physical disabilities so I know what a struggle it can be and how much more so if it's a skid. Hopefully I can be of help with all my nearly 8 years of experience for anyone out there or and ear to listen to even if I can't always directly relate you'll be heard (and I'm great at researching and advocating)

didntask4this's picture

I can use all the help I can get!!! So thank you! How old are the young adults that you work with?

dledden's picture

YES, my skid is only 10 but he will never be able to grow up and live functionally as an adult on his own, I can pretty much guarantee that. Will he go into some kind of state-funded assisted living facility? Clearly he'll be able to get social security disability, we're applying for SSI now for him, pretty sure that's gonna be a slam dunk too.

Basically I want to start learning NOW about this, cuz there is NO WAY my marriage would survive SKID in my house forever.