You are here

So confused what has happened here?

Mandy80's picture

Hi I’m really frustrated and just need some advice, I’ve been with my partner for just over 7 years now I have 2 children from previous a daughter 21 and a son 17 my partner has 3 children a daughter of 14 and twin daughters 11 my daughter has recently moved out to live with her boyfriend but regularly still visits and my partners children come every other weekend we seem to get on ok obviously have had the ups and downs over the years which was to be expected but it’s more my partners mum that causes trouble never has been interested in my children and there barely lucky if they get a hello obviously don’t expect her to treat them the same as I grandchildren but just a bit of effort would be nice anyway recently noticed that shes not on my daughters social media which I asked my daughter about and she hadn’t realised this and then searched her and nothing comes up so seems she has blocked my daughter (me and daughter both very confused why she would do this) spoke to my partner and he seem shocked and confused as well But doesn’t really know how it all works and automatically put it down to it must be his mums phone playing up which we know there’s a very slim almost impossible chance of this happening he said he would speak to his mum about this and she has just said it must be her phone playing up I’m just getting really fed up of partner believing her and her causing upset as I’m almost certain shes lieing and I’m finding it really difficult to be around her now I feel it’s all very fake I know it sounds probably petty it’s over social media and being blocked but why would she do that to my daughter for no reason

Harry's picture

It's one thing to not be a loving GP. Is another thing to be not nice.  
You now know where you and yout kids stand with your MIL.   Treat her the way she treats you.  Try to keep her out of your life's.  Don't invite her for anything you really don't have to, Do not go over to her house unless there no way of getting out if it,  don't talk to her. 

Mandy80's picture

Thanks for the reply

with me I'm an all or nothing person an do find it hard to be fake if I've got the ump with that person think I'm just gonna keep my distance for now.

Rags's picture

right?

Please have some respect for your readers and use punctuation, paragraphs, etc.... My head is about to explode from reading this huge block of unpunctuated text.

ugh

Now, why would you be so bent out of shape by your MIL icing your kid on FB?  Does she interface with your pior relationship children at family events, etc?

It seems to me that you are nitpicking in order to amplify the blended family drama.

Don't do that.

Lifer33's picture

That you've now pointed out to your daughter that twisted granny has most likely blocked her. But I hope your daughter doesn't give a hoot, and you shouldn't. Keep your kids away from her and enjoy your life to the full 

Judester's picture

My husband's SGD moved in with us 16 months ago due to issues with her mother, my husbands SD. It's been a carnival ride ever since. She turned 18 in July and it got 5X worse. 2 months ago she informed us for the 3rd time she was moving out with her bf. her bf moved into her room with her. They contributed nothing and her behavior got even worse. The move out date was Nov 16th. So my husband asked her on Nov 5th if everything was a go for moving out on the 16th and she said she never said that. She told him he couldn't hear and had no ability to comprehend when spoken to. At that point I came out and asked her if she needed boxes and she told me the same thing. Since this has happened before and her mouth wouldn't stop I told her "you did say repeatedly you guys were out of here on the 16th and you still are. So figure out where your going because I'm holding you to your word so out you go!"  Since then her mother got involved, find out her and the bf broke up 3wks ago and she never told us but let him stay. Long story short she is moving back home to MD and her mother on the Nov.21. She wasn't talking to me but on the 11th talked to me as sweet as pie. Like nothing ever happened. In reality I found out she's telling people she felt we offered her no support. She tells people I threw her out for no reason. This situation has taken a toll on my marriage, my health, any hope for a relationship and my mental state. Any advice on the best way to move forward??  Thanks, Judy

Rags's picture

Call to have an off duty LEO on hand on the move out day.  Pay him for his time, and if necessary wave him over to deal with any behavioral issues that may arrise.

This is a hill to die on and if your DH is being a dumb ass about it, the LEO on hand should either keep his behavior reasonable or motivate him to leave.

Good luck.