You are here

I don't know what to think anymore. Please Help.

confused90's picture

Basically I'm tearing my hair out. I'm not sure whether I'm in the wrong or not anymore. My partner has a son from a previous relationship and this son and his 10yr old Uncle (they live together) come to stay every weekend without fail. That is sometimes not a problem depending on the situation that weekend. I have a 7 month old son with ny partner and ever since I gave birth, me and my son have been put to the back of my partners mind.

It starts like this, I had a 40 hour labour and was asked to stay in hospital for a few days due to me been tired and baby not feeding. My partner argued with the midwives a day after I gave birth until they discharged me. This was a Thursday night/ Friday morning. We got home at 2am and my partner said he wants to pick the 2 boys up at 8am for the weekend. I argued this case and he shouted at me for being inconsiderate but picked the boys up Saturday instead. Since then I have been told I'm useless due to my son not latching on properly, suffering colic and as he cried all the time my partner said there's something wrong with him, his other son never cried like that and he never did this or that. Basically he was comparing them to each other.

On top of that, the other boys have no routine or rules in their home so when they come to ours they treat it like a does house. Shoes, coats all over. No manners and no self hygiene awareness what so ever! I tell them to brush their teeth, eat with their cutlery and not their hands, flush the chain and wash their hands, the list is endless but every time the boys misbehave I tell them off, 3 chances and they are on time out. When it gets to this point my partner kicks off and says I'm too harsh on them. My partners son went home recently and told his mum that I was forcing food down his neck, shouting at him for waking my son up and that I think it's funny he suffers night terrors. And what did I get off my partner? He had a go at me for doing such things. He never communicates with me and our son. Just the other boys.

so what I'm saying is.... Am I wrong/right? Could you give me some advice? Thanks Smile

ncgal1980's picture

This is going to sound harsh, but you need to take your little one and GO. I was married to a man like your partner for seven years. It NEVER gets better. Only worse.

Let your partner worry about those two other kids and GET OUT, for you and your baby's sake.

If you can't leave now, start looking for ways that you can. Get help from anyone you possibly can. This man is NOT going to change.

I am so, so sorry. I know how hard it is to leave, especially with a baby. But please, please, for your sake and the child's sake, GET OUT.

fakemommy's picture

I agree with the above posters.

To add, I also had a 4 day labor, it was awful. My baby also had trouble latching and I think the long labor and exhaustion has a lot to do with our troubles bfing. I'm sorry he's such a huge jerk, you and your sweet baby deserve so much better. I couldn't imagine my DH being so mean with the terrible emotions that come with bfing trouble and hormones from having a baby. I'm so sorry and know that he's wrong and you are amazing for even trying to bf your baby.

Orange County Ca's picture

It's fairly obvious that he didn't want another kid. I suspect he wanted a sex partner, maid and cook probably in that order and the plans went terribly wrong. Can you afford to leave? If so that's also my advise.

Don't listen to any pleas that he'll change or get better. Women can do that but men won't or can't. They quickly return to the same or worse. Considering how controlling he is I would suggest you leave during his work day. Can you get family help to move your stuff and maybe stay with Mum for awhile?

oncechoosetosmile's picture

so sorry you have to go through this.For your baby and your own sake- leave.

Painter21's picture

OMG I can't believe that you just had a baby and he is talking to you like that. You are at the most delicate vulnerable time of your life and this guy is supposed to be a husband and father? I'm sorry but you deserve WAY better than that. I'm sorry that you are in this situation and I think the advice of the other ladies before this is probably right. *HUGS*

confused90's picture

I have only just read these comments. I did pack mine and my sons bags a few months ago. Also asked my parents to come pick us up and they did. My partner finally realized after all this time that he wasn't putting us first and all he was interested in was the other two boys. He's since put the other 2 boys into place although now they're saying I'm hitting them when they do something naughty. My partner has taken over the role of wicked parent and started disciplining them which is great for me but he can't get to grips with why his ex has allowed her 3 children and her little brother to turn out the way they have. Her eldest doesn't got to high school, she's received lots of fines and court letters, her 2nd eldest is a thief, pinching £100 or more from friends and family. Her brother and her young son both have learning difficulties but no one has picked up on them. I know as I worked with them for 2 years at their old school. The brother is confused about his name, when he was born his mum wanted to name him after his Dad but the sister refused. When mum died the brother went to live with his sister as his stepdad never took him to school and ss got involved. Now the sister doesn't even call him by his name on the certificate. She calls him by his middle name! Then changes the spelling of his first name at school and tells him off if he writes it how it is on his birth certificate. My partner is so upset that this woman can do such a thing! We've not yet taken her to court as we'll have no parental rights over the 10 year old due to him not been related to us and I have already reported her to ss for neglect, recently found out that my partners son has been telling people that he wishes me and my son were dead as he doesn't want us in his life. These are words from an 8 year old.