You are here

BF Says SS is "only 6"

islovelost's picture

My fiancee, love of my life, has a 6yr old son from his prior marriage. I have worked 2 to 3 jobs until recently because I have a birth defect on my legs and PTSD. Recently I have been providing free child care for my fiancee while he is at work on the weekends so that he can see his son. The BM has seen me 3 times and has been "stuck-)

islovelost's picture

...Up towards me and has never said "hi" and she's had chances! Ok, so the child asked why I don't have a job and when I told him its because I'm waiting for surgery and looking after him, he said, "Mom...." and nothing else. A few minutes later he said " If you don't have a job, that means you're a loser". I have tried to discuss these issues with the BF but he dismisses it, saying "Hes only 6!!!", or the dreaded, "What, you don't like being around us now?" I love my fiancee but he's not supporting me and if the child disrespects me now it will only get worse. The child is very sweet and bright and it breaks my heart that his potential is being wasted by feeding in to his BMs spiteful attitudes.

christinen's picture

OMG I feel your pain! My boyfriend is the same way, he always puts his daughter over me & doesn't do anything about the way she acts or talks to me. & when I try to reprimand her, he reprimands me for reprimanding her!