You are here

Accused of Child Abuse

Dashin20's picture

I have now been accused of Child Abuse

The legal documents state:

"The minor child has returned from visitations with Father with bruising and other injuries which have been attributed to Father's wife."

I have NEVER abused a child, much less my DH's.
I know I am going to have to get an attorney to fight it. That is already in the works.

However, I was wondering if any of you have ever been in this situation. If so, how did you rise above it? Once it was ruled unfounded, what happened to the BM? Anything about your experience would be VERY much appreciated!

Thanks

Anon2009's picture

I'd certainly contact your attorney ASAP. BM could probably face a hefty fine and/or a small stint in jail. I'm sorry you're going through this.

Auteur's picture

Yes it's pretty common. CPS is a tool mostly for vindictive ex-wives/BMs.

The phoney CPS report that our BM made up (btw the BM in our case WORKS for CPS in her county as a caseworker) said that GG (biodad) "split SD's lip" when it was CHAPPED and SD was too stubborn and tomboyesque so she absolutely REFUSED lip balm.

The "authorities" are usually in the pocket of the BM. Expect the BM to bribe/coax the skids to lie against you. The CPS people are mostly "pro-BM" and will interview you. They are taught to "err on the side of the children" even if said children are lying through their teeth to "please mommy." There are several websites on what to do in these cases.

http://fightcps.com/

Buckle up! It took me six months to get the phoney report changed to unfounded. And in our case the BM, illegally threw her weight into the report, got it run up the flagpole w/o us receiving a findings report (clerical error, yeah right, wink wink)

racers411's picture

DH and I were accused years ago by BM. We lived only about an hour apart but in a different county so we were investigated not once, but twice.

Both investigations came back unfounded quickly even though BM was able to coerce SS to LIE and confirm all her nasty allegations. Thankfully for us the county that spoke to SS did so several times and each time his story changed. According to them that is a key factor in showing that a child is lying. They also told my husband in a 2 hour conversation that they believed the BM forced SS to say these things.

Another thing that was in our favor was the a lot of the details BM gave CPS were wrong, for instance she told them that we had other children living with us and we NEVER had other children living with us, it was just my SS who we saw every other weekend.

BAD NEWS: Despite being cleared by CPS, the courts took away visitation for awhile and then because BM is a vindictive bitch, she refused to agree to allow us to have visitation back unless it was monitored. To make everyone happy DH agreed to monitored visits. Then BM would only allow visits if the monitor was someone she knew and picked. Obviously we were not about to agree to that and the court did step in and tell her too bad, it can be any professional monitor if we couldn't agree to something/someone else. Well then BM refused to fill out and return her paperwork so that visits could be scheduled.
No monitored visits occured. DH then offered for BM to be present with any of his visits. BM only allowed 2 visits before finding every excuse to deny visits and on both occasions DH had to leave early becuz she interferred so much. One time she physically forced SS to sit back down when he got up to run to DH who was walking towards him. During same visit, DH whispered to his son that he loved and missed him and BM started screaming at him to stop whispering and said she was going to call the Police if he didn't stop.

In the end DH decided it was in everyone's best interests to walk away from the whole situation and gave up all custody. Then we moved to another state to get away from BM.

GOOD NEWS: We have had custody of SS for last 2 years and now the courts believe BM is the one who has been abusive.

Wildfire1116's picture

My DH and I have been accused and investigated by CPS at least 15 times in the last two years. No exaggeration. We have been accused individually and as a couple. Sd4 & ss5's bm has been behind every accusation. Many blatant lies and some made to cover up bm and bio-grandma's abuse of the kids by blaming it on us. DH was even accused of sexual abuse which we fought for months. Only to find out a year later it was sk's uncle (bm's brother) who was sexually abusing both kids. Best advice I can give is lawyer up and be as cooperative as possible with CPS. It's very hard, I know but if you get defensive and uncooperative it will make you seem guilty even if you are not. Best of luck to ya and I hope it all comes out well.