You are here

Accused of Child Abuse

Dashin20's picture
Forums: 

I have now been accused of Child Abuse

The legal documents state:

"The minor child has returned from visitations with Father with bruising and other injuries which have been attributed to Father's wife."

I have NEVER abused a child, much less my DH's.
I know I am going to have to get an attorney to fight it. That is already in the works.

However, I was wondering if any of you have ever been in this situation. If so, how did you rise above it? Once it was ruled unfounded, what happened to the BM? Anything about your experience would be VERY much appreciated!

Thanks

Dashin20's picture

Wow. Sounds about right! Were you able to sue the BM for anything? Was she at least dis credited?!

windee's picture

This has always been something I was afraid that my SS would do. He cannot lie to me b/c I am the only one that checks up on what he says (when able to) and doesn't just take what he says at face value. This would totally piss me off! I would do and say exactly what you said ECHO! Good luck Dashin20!

Dashin20's picture

Well, I was referring to more along the lines of defamation of character. An adult accused me of child abuse in a legally sworn document, not just using something she 'heard' in a mouthy way in a courtroom. The child is 2, the adult came up with it alllll on her own. I haven't seen the child since the original accusation arose, and she is no longer welcome in my home because of other bogus accusations. However, this one has made it to be legally documented and I will have to defend my name in court. I just wanted to know what repercussions could be given to th BM since she knowingly violated the law.

Dashin20's picture

I have an attorney. I meet with her next week about it because I just found out about all of this. I mean, she has been talking about it for a while, but now it is in a legal document. We will already be in a court setting dealing with her 'demands' for child support, the abuse is to be brought up as well.

Auteur's picture

Yes it's pretty common. CPS is a tool mostly for vindictive ex-wives/BMs.

The phoney CPS report that our BM made up (btw the BM in our case WORKS for CPS in her county as a caseworker) said that GG (biodad) "split SD's lip" when it was CHAPPED and SD was too stubborn and tomboyesque so she absolutely REFUSED lip balm.

The "authorities" are usually in the pocket of the BM. Expect the BM to bribe/coax the skids to lie against you. The CPS people are mostly "pro-BM" and will interview you. They are taught to "err on the side of the children" even if said children are lying through their teeth to "please mommy." There are several websites on what to do in these cases.

http://fightcps.com/

Buckle up! It took me six months to get the phoney report changed to unfounded. And in our case the BM, illegally threw her weight into the report, got it run up the flagpole w/o us receiving a findings report (clerical error, yeah right, wink wink)