You are here

9 year old step daughter

Dance20's picture

Am I wrong for not liking my sd most of the time?? It seems like every litte thing she does irritates me. She treats me worse than anything in the world and I'm the one that takes care of her more than anyone else. I'm a stay at home mom so I get her to and from school and then until my husband gets home and some nights a week while he's in class. Her mom has nothing to do with her maybe calls once a year and that's about it. She gives her bm more respect than she gives me and I don't know what to do anymore, this is starting to create some problems between my husband and I and no one else in my family gets where my feelings are coming from because they don't have to deal with a sd.

Anywho78's picture

Have you tried talking to your DH about how she treats you? Unless he gets on board and gets her to "see the light", she will think it's okay to continue treating you like crap.

Saying that however, both my resident Skids (7 & 9) have been complete turds lately...nothing SO & I say or do does a damn bit of good...it's annoying as hell. Their BM (Nasty) is also a non-entity (calls once every 1.5-2 months for up to 10 minutes combined for both Skids)...they think the world of her...don't know why.

I have found that SS9 gets REALLY nasty with me when he's privately upset about his BM & her lack of involvement. Anytime he's hurt by something she does or does not do, somehow, I'm the one to catch the back lash.

It sucks...I'm am sorry you're going through this!

Madam Hedgehog's picture

I agree. I would talk to your DH. You should not have to put up with disrespect from anyone in your home, much less a kid. It does't matter who she is, she is in your home.

Why doesn't your DH or family undestand that you are not going to like someone who is rude to you? It seems pretty straight forward to me.