You are here

Problem with Bio Mom

equissjm79's picture

Long story short...
My stepson has been living with us for almost 4 years. My husband fought to get custody after his mom moved him 4 times, and changed schools 4 times within 1 1/2 years. He finally got a break and won custody because mom went to jail. Now mom is out, and has visitation. For the first 2 years, while mom was in jail things were going well. Stepson was in therapy and slowly things were good. Now, mom is out and visitation has commenced. Since then, things have gone downhill. Mom has told son it is okay to lie, cheat, steal, and threaten other kids, including his stepbrother. The therapist has tried to continue with treatment, but her sessions have turned more into putting out fires.
She has told us and the court the child and mother have a very unhealthy relationship, where the child feels responsible for his mom, and has said he will never love anyone except his mom and she (the mom) will die without him.

All I can say is the women is sick!!!!!

Smomof3's picture

Our BM lies and says kids are punished and then does other things behind our back. It's a sick bonding that they have with the kid. Good Luck.

RainbowsAndDaisies's picture

I would try to get supervised visitation. Would the therapist testify in court? Can you get statements from teachers, family, friends, neighbors, pastor, bus driver (everyone you can think of) attesting to the change in ss and what they have seen of bm's influence on him? Have you documented all of this?