You are here

Have you ever had a moment of sweet gloating?????

Greenfig's picture

After being harassed, degraded and controlled, you have your foot down and have enjoyed 2 seconds of well deserved gloating (I know, I know not good karma, but whatever).

Please share your stories.

My moment was when the BM finally moved to our neighborhood to be closer to skid's school. She moved into a dingy basement apartment. I guess it's a good thing, now she can just fall into her house; this way she will not have to deal with stairs (she often complained about having to climb 1 flight of stairs).

Normally I would not gloat, but for the first 2 years bf and I moved in together, she tried to have herself over at our house for inspections. In her words "she needed to make sure that her child's environment is up to her standards, in the name of the child's best interest." She was badmouthing everything, and tried to tell BF how to run things at our house, like what type of furniture she wanted the skid to have at OUR HOUSE.

When BF said we already had that furniture then she would freak out and accuse him hiding money from her and that she needed help buying the same things for her house. Makes sense right? Crazy freak. Considering that we have the skid for 60-75% of the time + bf pays CS, there is no way she has any say.

I found that to be infuriating. Now she lives in a s**thole and maybe we should ask for an "inspection" of her house, just to make sure there is no sewage back-flow or mold growing? }:) }:) }:) }:)

Kb3Hooah's picture

The moment I heard BM was pregnant. I can still remember how I felt when I first heard the news just like it was yesterday. That tops everything else. I knew then that while BM may still battle with me and BF, that she would now have a new object to dig her nails into (the baby's Father)and it would take some of the attention off of us. The best thing that has happened for our relationship was her pregnancy BY FAR!

leladawn's picture

That's funny because I'm in a similar situation with the pregnancy thing (BM is due in June) and even though we're really in the thick of things here (the woman is histrionic and narcissistic), I know that things are going to change when this new baby comes around. I feel badly for the poor kid though...

BM's latest BF is in for a big wake up call soon for sure, oh boy..

"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses." Ziggy

bearcub25's picture

Mine happened a long time ago. BM like to exaggerate when the skids are sick.

On a EOW, SS10 had had a sore throat. We treated with OTC meds, no problem right? BF took skids home at 6pm on a Sunday. At 12:50am BM calls BF and says that SS has a sore throat and she called an ambulance. She called back 10 minutes later to say the ambulance refused to transport b/c it wasn't an emergency. I was pissed for being woke up but it was funny.

And once BM called to say SS16 (again long time ago) had the mumps. It had been over Tgiving and he had been around my Gkid and great nieces and nephews...1 niece was only 6 months old and hadn't had her shots yet, and my Gkid was scheduled for surgery for tubes in the ears just a week later. All of these kids went to same pediatric clinic. Even though I knew it was BS, I called the peds and was panicky that these kids hadn't had boosters, could catch it etc..ages 6 months - 5yrs and I wanted Gkids surgery to be rescheduled b/c of the risk of exposure. BM must've gotten called and schooled by the docs office as she switch peds shortly after.

Both cases she was trying to make BF feel guilty that he hadn't taken care of the skids/took to docs b/c they were so sick.

stepmom31's picture

I haven't had this moment... YET. *Sigh*

Patiently working up to it though. His divorce took a toll on the finances, and I'm not working at the moment, so we're living with in-laws. But when we do get back on track and I'm going to have my gloating smile on for at least an hour!

Glad to know you've had your 2 seconds worth !! Smile

"I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I know I can."
— Little Engine That Could

Rags's picture

Damn right I gloat!

BioDad is an intermittently employed plumber with four out-of-wedlock spawn (my SS is his oldest) who can't support his kids so the SpermGrandParents pay my SS's CS and raise the youngest three (by two more mothers) in their home while BioDad lives in a rental property owned by his parents ans pays no rent.

My wife and I are graduate degreed professionals who provide a top notch education for our son (my SS) and provide him the example how a loving marriage and successful life work.

I am not worried about karma on this. I am having way to much fun gloating. }:)

Best regards,

Success is rarely final. Failure is rarely fatal. It is character, courage and consistency of effort that count. Vince Lombardi (with some minor Rags modifications) To each according to their performance, screw Karl Marx. (Rags)

unhappy2happy's picture

I have to say that when BM found a boyfriend moved the kids in with him, and then proceeded to limit my DH's time with the kids, I was like oh no you don't. We went to court and that was hard, but the judge,and the guardian lawyer, agreed with my DH.. I felt vindicated.. After her BF cheated on her several times, she knocked on our door one morning while my DH was at work. She was crying and asked me to forgive her and if I could please take the children. I know many won't understand this but I also let her stay about 3 days with us until she found somewhere to live. Not so much for her as for the Skids. I did not want them to worry about what was going to happen to their mother... I really did feel bad for her even after all she had done to us.. And yes I forgave her, I called my DH while she was sitting on my couch and told him what was going on..We moved both kids things to our home.. My SS was a Freshman and SD was a sophomore, everything was fine for a while until once again we did not agree with her.... Then back to court we went again...We won, but it is still hard to go through that. She now lives in a 400 go 600 sq ft basement apartment, works 2 jobs and really hasn't a thing to her name. But I really am a BIG believer in you Reap what you Sow in this life and have seen the reaping big time... My SS loves me to pieces and I love him the same way.. My SD unfortunately moved in with her mom the day after she graduated HS, she is 21 now, and the last few months have been hard. When either BM or SD does not get their way they both can be hateful.. They just don't get it....Karma or whatever we each call it, is a B.....

Allison B4's picture

After 10 years, yes 10 years :jawdrop: , it's looking like a moment of imminent gloating. There have been moments along the way: BM was found guilty of criminal harrassment twice, assault and breaach of probation, that was pretty sweet, however somewhat short-lived as it didn't help us get any more access to the kids or even stop BM from calling, and sending messages. And then recently my SD14 ran away from BM's house to my house, another somewhat glorious moment, until BM stopped letting the other 2 kids come at all. Now we've just had a custody and access report that recommends BD and me get custody of all the kids, and we find out within the month what the court will decide. This may finally be the ultimate gloating moment. Unfortunately, she's laying it on really thick with the kids right now. SD13 was told (by screaming right in her face )she isn't allowed to tell me she loves or misses me or even send smiley faces or hearts in messages!! She relentlessly calls me a SK**K to the kids and they hate it, and all she is serving to do is alienate herself from them. What I'd really like to see is Court-ordered psychiatric treatment. She blames me for everything which I don't understand, I refuse to even talk to her, and I have to admit I'm scared of what she'll do if she loses custody. That seems to be the way it is with these things, gloating never lasts very long.

dguiwh2334's picture

Unhappy2happy, I don't know how you did it lol, but congrats on being able to allow BM to stay at ur house! I could not for the life of me spend more than 1 hour with my bf BM! To look at her and hear her voice..yuck.. She gets under my skin, but if I was in that sitaation I would surely feel liberated and full of power that she had to come to you for help Smile you go girl! Lol... Allison B4, I hope everything works in your favor! I cannot believe BM talks to ur skids about u like that, but thank god they despise her and love you! Best wishes!

AVDetroit's picture

BWAHAHA! I can't beat all. But you might need a plot wheel to follow along. The only thing to remember in these situations (and yours)is: sit back and watch the drama unfold.

It used to really piss me off that when my husband divorced his ex for infidelity that she was always asking for money and my husband would give her 100's in cash. While she was living a state funded welfare apt. Here they are nice furnished condos with appliances and cable for about $250/month. She wound marrying the man she cheated on my husband with and screwed up his credit so bad that now an over-heated basement apartment is all they an afford and they can't qualify for a state apt. because they drug test. While she's babying my SS she fights with her husband about allowing her SS to stay there, and they have to because her SS has no where else to go. Along with his girlfriend and their 2 years old daughter. So that puts 5 adults and 1 child in an apartment that can't be more that 600 sq. ft. Its also a pig pen, cleanliness has never been her strong point.

The BM has quite a track record to begin with too. My husband wound up with her as his baggage after a month of dating because her BF threw her out. The BF my husband didn't know she had. They got married because my husband thought something was wrong, what was wrong was that she was pregnant with my SS. She told my husband she was pregnant after they got married and she could no longer hide it, because she was afraid my husband would want her to have an abortion. When my SS was year old she started running around with one of his friends while my husband was at work. She intentionally kept my SS from learning words because he might tell Daddy. He didn;t talk until he was 4. My husband divorced and she had the BF she cheated on with move into her state apt. and they stayed together, until recently. She has been cheating on her current husband with someone else. Which is hard to believe because the alcohol abuse had aged her a lot. Some people never change.

My MIL used to get involved and dictate how her grandson should be raised. She's a psychologist. You should let children grow up to be who they are going to be and not give too much direction or exercise too much control, because she's a psychologist. She can't be out of contact with my husband or my SS for more than a week because she needs them. We haven't determined what the needs are though. From her freaky advice and behavior I've thought that she shouldn't be a psychologist. Her clients that were using their insurance have been reassigned to other therapists,because now the state is reviewing her license because she's been sued 6 times in 16 years for doing things like telling a family that their college freshman son killed himself because he was a pothead.

The BIL. For me this is the big HAHA!. My husband gave his baby brother a job when his employer kept laying him off. And immediately went to his head. He was the owners brother, he can act like some tinpot dictator to other employees that have been there longer and are more qualified to do his job than he is. I finally called it quits with the family business and they just about ran it into the ground after I left. While his brother got saved when the business got saved, the new owners are well aware of what they've got on their hands and when his employment contract is over, so is he. He can't abuse the company bank account anymore and is just wasting money left and right. I loved hearing that the new boss went off on him for not knowing what he was doing. This person was allowed to be very abusive to me so him getting his just desserts is very satisfying.

What goes around comes around, and I'll just sit back with my popcorn and soda and watch the drama unfold. Its better than reality TV.

AVDetroit's picture

Is it really Schadenfreude (a german word for taking pleasure at the misfortune of others)? I don't think so. You were on the receiving end first.

skylarksms's picture

The first time my DH took her to court to get an official visitation schedule (it was at her whim before) after much negotiations between the lawyers, we came up with an agreement to make the court order.

My gloating moment occurred when the judge said to obviously upset BM that the order was WAY more lenient (on our side) than she would have ordered and proceeded to give BM a stern "talking to" about using the kids as pawns, doing what's best for the kids instead of what is in BMs best interest, etc.

Too bad at the time I didn't realize that all BM had to do was practice up on her acting and lies before the NEXT court date!

momoutofhermind2's picture

My SS's BM is just a flat out B**** and she was basically a hillbilly who found an older man to support her so at the time she met him she thought she was just "IT". She thought she was high priority and that you were lower than her. She even held her cigarette to the side like she was smoking a $1000 cigarette. So I loved it when one day when I seen her in the grocery store and she pulled out her link card. It's like REALLY, do you REALLY need to sit on link when your getting money and your BF has a ton of money. She just put her head down b/c she felt like an idiot. I just laughed b/c she ever since she has been with her bf she acts like this uppity snotty person like she is better than the rest. I am all for a person who needs a little help from the state, but SHE did not and it made me chuckle to myself. It actually made me laugh right now thinking about it. Thanks, I needed that memory since my SS is driving me crazy Smile Smile It's the little things that keep us going.

wriggsy's picture

I have an internal gloat every time I ride with DH to drop off/pick up skids and see her house. Don't get me wrong, our house isn't some mansion, but it's in a nice neighborhood in a nice part of town. (to be honest...our house probably needs the most work in the whole neighborhood), but we are upgrading the house sections at a time. We completely overhauled the kitchen/half bath/dining area and are about to finish the rest of the downstairs and then go upstairs with it. It's ours, it's paid off, and I love it. Shortly after we completed the kitchen make-over, DH told me that she (exW) sent him a text saying that she missed him. She lives in a crappy looking little house on the outer parts of town, and it's over run with wild cats! The sad thing is...she could have had it all. She had a husband that would have given her the world on a silver platter, but she couldn't handle being with one man, nor could she handle taking care of the kids that she begged him to adopt. My DH is the kind of man who believes that "if the wife is happy...everyone is happy". As much as I love the house, it's too small for our blended family (another reason why BD and I don't live there). I started asking for an add-on to make another room and bathroom so that we can all live there. It's gonna cost an arm and a leg, but DH is receptive to the idea! It could have all been hers, and I guess I should thank her for being so stupid...because now...he's all mine!!!

Mamma Jamma's picture

Exactly! BM lived in a nice brick home while DH worked his butt off to support (get this!) himself, BM, their 2 kids, HER 2 sons, HER daughter, HER DAUGHTER's boyfriend, and THEIR son!! He also managed to spend some quality time with his 2 kids, and spent 8 yrs trying to be a father figure to HER sons (who's biodad pays support and hasn't seen the boys for 10 yrs or so). DH left because it wasn't working, they couldn't stand each other. He returned a few times for the kids' sake, finally called it quits a couple of years ago. She couldn't afford the nice brick house because she is *sick* (alcohol, prob drugs...) and can't work. He helped her move into her HUD approved $50/month home. Tried one last time for the kids sake...she told him to go to hell she had a new man didn't need him. Fast forward...he tells her we are seeing each other, all of a sudden she thinks they were soul mates and she can't live without him.

We live in a nice home, own our own business, and DH does his best to provide the best home possible for our family. She had it and threw it away. THANKS BM!! In this case, her loss is definitely my gain!

hismineandours's picture

You betcha! After years of being a custodial sm and being criticized, undermined, and blamed while bm worked diligently at her campaign to make ss hate me-she finally succeeded! She succeeded and got the grand prize of primary custody. Within 4 months she was calling dh saying how difficult ss was to raise, within a year she was telling dh how wrong she was to blame me for anything and she realized that ss had some serious problems. After two years, she told dh she wouldnt fight him if he wanted him back. (not even possible for us at this time) It truly makes me lmao that she is stuck trying to fix all the things she did to screw him up.

Jouma's picture

BM falsified docs in court to get a huge child support check while sharing the kids 50/50 (she gave info from his business that had collapsed 1 year before their divorce). She doesn't want to give up 50/50 because it gives her her money AND her freedom AND her excuse not to get a job. DH didn't pay the full child support payment because it was impossible to pay it and survive. It was a temporary order, which was to be heard at a later time. He was paying her what he could afford to pay, plus he was providing the kids with everything... new clothes (she got clothes from her friends and occasionally her mother would buy an outfit here and there), school supplies, whatever they needed. She didn't provide a damn thing from the child support. She did, however, take vacations across country.

Well, DH was awarded custody, which was just beautiful. We are expecting OUR first child support check by the 15th Smile Her being found in contempt was an awesome feeling, too. Judge telling her off, and watching her stand there and take it, I felt like DH and I were 10 feet tall....

GoodbyeNormaJean's picture

It's nothing nearly as fabulous as most of you ladies' stories, but I have had a few moments of joy over the last year.

Last year was BM2's year to have SD9 for Spring Break. BM2 lives about an hour from us in a seperate school district. So the week before Spring Break she had SD9 for the weekend. DH and I drove in to pick SD9 up on Sunday. BM2 came peeling out of her trailer with the court order in hand and immedietely said "Can you read the court order?!?! I HAVE HER FOR SPRING BREAK!!!"

DH said, "Yeah. Spring Break is next week for our school district. She's got school all week this week. Is she ready?"

BM: "Well, I'll have to drive across town to get her. She's at a friend's house right now...."

DH: "Don't bother. I'll go get her. For future reference you can check the school website to see when vacations are for our district."

There was also the last time we had to go to court with BM2. DH has custody of SD9 and BM2 has her 3 weekends a month. For summer, she wanted to reverse the schedule so she had her all summer and we had her 3 weekends a month.

BM2 went to court all armed with tears and the usual manipulation tactics. DH said he was perfectly willing to work out an extended visitation schedule, but he had some concerns to address first. Among them was that BM2 smokes in the house right up under the children, and there were also some hygiene issues...SD9 coming home in clothes she had peed in, not washed, teeth not brushed all weekend, and not supervised. The judge basically gave BM2 her regular weekends plus 5 days per month for summer, and REAMED her ass in court.

The best thing is that the extended visitation was only for 2011. She has NOTHING in writing for this summer, and is probably too dumb to realize it.

texmexcat's picture

Being in the courtroom and watching BM make a total fool of herself in court. Not only was she dumb enough to bring the new found craigslist family of 3 that she moved into our daughter's room in her house, but she asked for the wife to be a witness! During lunch, our lawyer did a quick search online and found all kinds of mental health issues from her online. He killed her witness, and then called BM as a witness. She nailed the coffin shut with over a hour of rambling, claiming the classic victim mentality, stated she filed charged against BD for rape and forgery so he is going to jail soon, she should have all kids at her house. The judge put her in her place - gave us emergency custody of the kids. That was a proud day.

Mary Read's picture

Haven't had the gloating moment yet..five years in to this mess. But, the stories above make me feel hopeful that the moment will come Smile

Thiskidwilldrivemecrazy's picture

My gloating comes some of the little things. Boyfriend often thinks and says his 12 yr old son is 'wonderful'. Usually this comes after something 'not so wonderful' his son has done. So when his son gets in school suspension, is caught smoking (he didn't believe me when I tried to tell him), or even oversleeps for school...yes, I gloat. Mainly because I think it's important to recognize that NONE of our kids are perfect and as soon as you put them on that pedestal and act like they are, they are sure to fall off. My gloating today came in the form of his attorney reinforcing all the things I suggested he do. I DID have to say, 'why is it you never take my advice but you always listen to everyone else?' Three years ago I suggested he test his son for ADHD. He ignored me until a social worker suggested his son might have ADHD. He did...and still does...and what a pill!

AlbertaSky's picture

It's so petty but last night she came over and started getting physically abusive with my fiancee, and the second he called the cops she ran back to her car and sped off like a scared little infant and we haven't heard a peep from her since. Ahhh, glorious silence and legal protection.

janeyc's picture

After months of disgusting behaviour that Daddy just could'nt see, Sd6 rubbed her snot over all the furniture my bed everywhere, she did it right in front of Daddy lol, why I would ever lie about it I don't know, but apparently I worry about things that don't matter and another time she spat in my face and did not realise that Daddy was watching, that was class lol, however poor weak Daddy has lost his balls and will never get them back, Im leaving for a stress free brat free life yippee!!!

hereiam's picture

The day ex-wife's CS modification got denied because she had no idea when she filed it that hubby had lost his job.
It had been years so she was certain she would be getting more money.