You are here

Woo Hoo - Going to Close on the House Next Week!

shes driving me crazy in my retirement's picture

Yep, all is ready. Has been a tad tedious as the house was in probate when I found it, and there is always the one heir that believes it to be worth far more than it is.

The repairs I wanted done have been done and I will inspect those before I close; and also make sure the attorney gets receipts for all the plumber, etc. showing they were paid in full etc.

Then, it will be my having it painted and made ready for us to move. We, being old, are taking our time. I told DH it is going to take longer for our furniture to get out there than for us so we may as well do some sight seeing along the way.

Any way, once I get back I will be finalizing the date with movers.

Twit is still in the dark on our move. Makes me chuckle to think how ballistic she will go when she does find out.

Guest bedroom for FRIENDS and DD not for Twit. DH agrees with that. As I said, whatever transpired between them in late March put the nails in her coffin. And when she pulled her ignoring DH on his birthday I was not surprised. That is what she does when she isn't getting her way. Quite juvenile. People, family, that cares about you don't act that way.

twoviewpoints's picture

Very happy for you and Dh.

Will SD find out as the moving van pulls up?

Actually, once we sign for the new house I don't care when Twit finds out. There is nothing she can do any more to us. She burned her bridges.

One thing I learned about Twit, she can't stand being alone for any period of time. I now believe that was one of the big things she needed when she begged us to move here (before I knew what she was). It wasn't for us, it was for her.

It has been a tough road, but my understanding just what Twit is and how her kind operates is helping me greatly. She also craves attention (as we know) and she isn't getting it from DH any more. Trust me, after DH told her he wasn't putting in doors and windows for her she is on another ignoring DH jag, which is just fine with us. The sad part is that her tension builds when she doesn't get her way and her wants. She will be back, but I am ready for her and DH is backing me which was something that didn't happen in the past.

DH is opening up more and more about Twit and her problems. I listen and only ask a question is I don't understand what he is saying.

As he said once, there is no way he would dog sit, drunkie sit, put a door and windows in for her, nadda. Guess he isn't buying that carp about her short term memory at all. Me? I put it right in with all the other excuses she has. One thing I notice, when Twit gets caught she always has a medical issue or excuse as to why she said what she said, did what she did, etc. Foryears her father would accept them, not sure he always believed them, but accepted them and let it go. Oh well.

Happy days are coming. We should be in a new home before Halloween, probably before then, but that is the first upcoming holiday I could think of....Labor Day might be cutting it close as it will depend on the movers etc.

notasm3's picture

When I saw the title of this post I was so hoping that it was you She's Driving Me. I am so happy for you.

When DH and I made the offer on our house last year I was still apprehensive until we got stuff fixed and then closed. It still took about 3 months to get the cosmetic changes made that we wanted - but part of that was because my decorator's mother became very, very ill. She had to leave town unexpectedly, nurse her mother through the crisis, and then arrange for her to move to our city into assisted living. Having been through all of that with my elderly father I totally understood.

I wish you much happiness in this new adventure.

Icansorelate's picture

As one of the other older ladies here...I am so happy for you. May your life soon be twit-less and the rest of your years be peaceful (but I hope you still post here).

TwirlMS's picture

I don't know if you moved because of your SD but that's what I'm doing. Only we couldn't find an already existing house we liked, so we found the property first and are now building on it. Long process.

The silver lining is I don't have to expect SD dropping in on us. Although we still see her for family birthdays, at least she's not whining for help with her own house since we're busy with our own. Wink

Yep, Twirl, moving because of Twit problems. Sad, because I really like the house I am in and the area if it were only Twit free.

sandye21's picture

So glad to hear this, SDM!!! When she knows she's gone too far she blames it on a health issue. That means it's not the poor thing's fault - and you just have to accept it, right? You say she is giving DH the silent treatment because he wouldn't put in her windows. Gee!! Guess her 'short term memory' is selective. Please don't let her know you are moving until the moving van is in front of your house. (((HUGS)))

Yep Sandye, health issues, too busy, short term memory problems, someone else did something that made her act that way, and the list goes on. It is NEVER, EVER her fault for her terrible actions.

As I say, DH is letting things out about her slowly. Seems on Father's Day she was crying that her hubby works long hours and then goes into his man cave. Boy, can I read that....he wants nothing to do with her. I have been wondering about things with him for awhile. Poor guy is the type that for better or worse means just that, and he is getting the worse.

I forsee our Twit being alone and by herself, but she will never let go of her "babies" As I now am looking back on things and the way she deals with them it is no wonder they are all messed up. That is how she wants it, she needs to have them dependent on her.

You know, looking back when her "babies" were teens, you never saw them have girl friends, or even friends come around Twit's. Geez, when DD was young the phone was always ringing with calls from her friends, them coming over, both male and female. You know, typical teens. Now that I look back I never saw that with Twit's "babies". Like with most things, the signs were there that things weren't right, but we only visited back then a week or two at a time.

My best friend, back to 2nd grade, (yep, we've been friends a long time) is a retired profiler for the FBI. I think I am going to ask her about the Twit lifestyle and how the "babies" are turning out.

Rags's picture

Congratulations on your new Twit free haven. Enjoy your new home and you and DH please enjoy your new area.

Up early due to the time change. We are signing this afternoon. Went through the house very thoroughly yesterday. Hurray!!!

Dunwiththem's picture

What a relief you are finally escaping the Twit - literally! Congratulations, SDM - you deserve some peace and tranquility Smile