You are here

Take your rose colored glasses off !!

Easylikesundaymornin's picture
Forums: 

12/09/2017 - 2:54am.
Ahhhhh it never changes ... it’s the same scenario might be worse for some of us and some might be better. It’s the same characters they just have different faces.

My SD ... is a sociopath/naracisist. Her BM is a total narcissist. My SO is just a trophy ..BM does want him but wants to control him. SD is the same age as my oldest 24 ... my SD was great with me in the beginning that was when she was pulling my strings and manipulating me. I soon wise up and saw what she was doing. Her douchebag bf was no longer allowed in my home ... she flipped her shit and decided she was not coming back either. She proceeded to bully my daughter in high school ... the principal notified all parents involved and it seemed like I was the only parent actually parenting. She claimed that she was bullying my daughter bc she left clothes at my home .. i brought the bag of clothing to the school and it sat there til the last day of school. ( obviously not the issue ) she egged my house , and basically had a tantrum. My SO tried to discipline her ( through text which I think is cowardly ) she again had a tantrum and wrote him a letter telling him that she basically was writing him off bc he had a new family.
There has been so many shit sandwiches I was expected to eat but the thing is I don’t like shit sandwiches. All this shit happened in 2011 and it hasn’t gotten any better. She has trashed me and my kids on social media , she has driven by my home ( I live in the woods so there no reason for her to be in my neighborhood.) her senior year in high school her douchebag of a mom moved out of state with her bf and left SD to live with her then boyfriend family. ( who does that ??)
That year is when SO decided he wanted to fix things .. they started to have month lunch dates but of course her boyfriend would have to tag along. ( stupid ) he apologizes to her for god knows what but there was no apology from her for him.
In the last year or so she has told him off for not being invited to family things ... meanwhile she makes no effort with her aunts, uncles and cousins. We went out to dinner w his entire family and she lacs into him about not being invited ... and this is where Daddy guilt comes into play.
I have told him repeatedly I do not wish to be in her presence ... i told him I have no problem with you inviting her but if you do please know I will not be going. He didn’t believe me and Super Bowl Sunday was his first lesson in I’m not playing. He told me the day before that he invites her and I aaid ok well then I’m not going. My youngest daughter went with him and i stayed home. I received all kinds of texts from his sisters as to where I was. I said you will see shortly as to why I am not there. He tried to do it again for St Patrick’s Day ... nope not going. I told him I will make other plans if she is invited I will not go.
And here is where he tested me ... Black Friday we all meet at the bar/restaurant and hang out. I noticed something funny in his behavior but didn’t say anything. I caught him texting someone but wasn’t nosey but my spidey sense were alerted. We get to the bar and not a hour there who shows up hit his daughter. I start to get myself beats up ... I don’t make a scene I text my middle daughter to pick up .... I go outside to calm down and his sister follows me. She said what is going on .. I say your brothers a douche ... he invited her and said nothing to me. My daughter shows up , we go inside I get my jacket and pocket book and my daughter says hello to everyone and I say goodbye and I leave. I text him ... had my daughter pick me up. I go home ... his sister text me how she is disgusted by her brother n her niece.
He comes home and he’s trying to talk to me .. I said you are a sneaky bastard and a liar. I told him you want your cake and eat it too. I’ve told you I will not be in her presence and you took my decision of what I wanted to do away when you connived your little plan. I’ve told him a million times I will not be around her until I receive an apology and we hash shit out. That night he asked me if I would accept her apology ... what am I five ?? He told me she is willing to apologize. BULLSHIT ... what he said to her through a text again ... there is some animosity between you n her can we do something together to fix things ??
Her response : yes I’d like that. Maybe we can get lunch this week.

That’s her wanting to apologize???

fairyo's picture

He will never take off those glasses- disengagement is not an end point but a process we have to keep re-evaluating as we go along. These men can't deal with disengagement- he thinks her apology will resolve things but of course it won't. He is trying not to confront his own behaviour and thinks you are as foolish as he is.
I would accept the apology because you know it is meaningless but I would certainly, but politely, refuse the lunch invitation.

My thought process is that if her apology is hallow ... it will only be a matter of time that this girl goes back to her bullshit ways. She will repeat history just at a different level.

twoviewpoints's picture

He isn't wearing rosy glasses. Nope. He sees and knows exactly what's what. He just doesn't care.

" I’ve told him a million times I will not be around her until I receive an apology and we hash shit out."

Well, don't hold your breath. And what good would it do? A forced non-sincere apology is worthless. She isn't sorry. She believes she has been correct and in the right all along, clear back to her mid teens years. She doesn't give a rats *ss about your fee-fees nor whether you attend get together are not. The both of you being present is her Dad's idea, not hers. She would be perfectly delighted if she attended and you stayed home.

And the "hash sh*t out". You're fooling yourself. Exactly what do you think is going to happen? That she will just sit there groveling for your forgiveness and let you rip her apart as to all the 'wrongs' you feel she has committed? The Sd isn't sixteen-seventeen anymore.

Why not just host the next event you'd like to have and you get to then control the guest list? Have your Dh's extended family (aunts and whatever) to your home or your private party booking out. What you can not do is control someone else's guest list. If one of DH's relatives host an event (at their home or out) you either go or you don't go. There is, of course, the relative has invited someone (aka SD) you wish to not be around. Your DH has no business inviting his daughter himself to join someone else's get together. Unfortunately a bar/lounge is a public place and without a private booked room in such an establishment anyone can walk through the entrance door.

Yes, your DH is playing games. But you can't blame the SD for the silly game your DH is playing with you. He did this, not the SD. He's fully aware of what he did and why you are angry. Who needs to apologize is him to you and you two need to 'hash the sh*t' out between the two of you. You need to make it very clear to him that if he ever pulls such a trick on you again you are done. He's risking you never going anywhere with him again because you can't trust him. He either adheres to your boundary of you not being around his daughter or _________ (you must decide what the fill in the blank is).

This disengagement for me has worked ....

You are right he is to blame .... the old wants to have his cake and eat it too. I’ve expressed how sneaky he was and the lies are something I cNt and won’t deal with. My husband had an affair for 10 years of our married ... my husband passed away in 08. So he knows I don’t need him I can n will do things myself.
I told him you took complete control of that situation and made me look like a fool. That will be the last time that happens. He did apologizes ex and said he was sorry .... but we will see. I told his sister this Christmas might be my last Christmas if he pulls that shit again.

ldvilen's picture

I think it goes without saying that a parent will always try or will always think it is much simpler than it is to get SKs and SM to make amends. There is not a lot of understanding of what SM’s role is or even should be. The tendency is to think that SM should be like a second mom, yet at the same time, people act like SM is overreaching or not minding her place whenever she does act like a second mom. Or, I often hear nowadays, a SM should act like an auntie. But, SM is not an auntie, and to try to force SM into some other bio-family pocket is unfair and minimizing of her real role of dad’s wife. It is a very odd situation to be in, and one that a SM can rarely win or even score points at.

People often forget two things: 1) SM is first and foremost, dad’s wife; and, 2) It is rare for someone else other than a bio-parent, including SMs, to have unconditional love for someone else’s child. No judgement is being placed here. It is just the way it is. And, yes, by the same token, it would be rare for a SK to have unconditional love for a step-parent. Unfortunately, even the people we are married to often forget this. So, if there is a problem or issue between dad’s kid and his wife, for example, dad will think a simple apology or tousling of the hair or group hug will resolve the issue. They don’t understand the complexity of the issue.

The real issue is that no one really wants to accept SM as dad’s wife or wants to accept that SM has any sort of authority whatsoever with dad (or ex- or the initial family). This is the way society has set it up for SMs. Divorce, OK. You can even get remarried, but SM is not supposed to act like dad’s wife. NO. SM is supposed to act like an auntie or servant or concubine. She is supposed to stay in the background and mind her place whenever someone from the initial family is around. God forbid the SKs, even adult SKs, see you hug or kiss or act like a couple of any sorts. This feeling is so strong in our society, that is nothing for an event to be planned, years after the divorce, that places DH and his ex- together as a couple vs. DH and his wife (SM). DH’s permission isn’t even needed, and SM is just expected to suck this up and take it every time. Whenever someone in the initial family wants to displace SM, displace her role as her husband’s wife, they can and are allowed to do so at any whim. SM is seen as the one to blame if she does not go along with someone basically pissing all over her and her DH’s marriage.

If often takes SMs years to catch on to these totally asinine Catch-22s. You are your husband’s wife or SO and you have every right to act like such. So, if your DH doesn’t insist from the beginning that you be treated as his wife, then it is going to be 20x times difficult to do so years down the road. I’m sure you, like me and most SMs, just assumed you’d be open and nice to the SKs and you’d all get along. In reality, BM and DH have way more influence over how SM and SKs get along and whether or not SM’s role as dad’s wife is accepted. Since you have, like so many of us, sucked it up and took it for years, there is a whole boatload of crap and anger and denial and betrayal from many sides that you are having to deal with now. It is not a simple fix and it is not something that a mere apology will resolve. If someone has been allowed or PASd to look at SM as a servant or concubine, one whom they can go after without very little if any recourse, then this imagine is either going to be there for life, or maybe, just maybe once the SK grows up, something may click in. But, I wouldn’t hold my breath.

This is where disengagement comes into play. Disengagement is not an either/or thing, or set in stone. It is just your way of saying that, “I am married to or with my DH, I am his wife or SO, and if that role is not accepted, then I don’t want any part of a relationship with that person, SK, or whomever it may happen to be. On the other hand, I recognize that your children are your children, and you have every right to have a relationship with them, even as adults. So, going forward, I will go with you to any events I want to or feel comfortable going to. If I don’t want to go, I won’t go. You (DH) can go alone if you want to, and I respect you wanting to attend these events alone, if you so choose.” On the other hand, I should say that is MY form of disengagement. A SM has to do what works for her, because usually no matter what a SM does, someone is going to find fault with it. You do what works for you and stick with it. There is a saying I heard the other day that went something like, “Never let anyone take up space in your head that isn’t at least paying rent.”

Veritas's picture

You just completely encapsulated the entire issue....shew! Great comment!

I am not against him spending time with her , I’ve encouraged it bc I do not want to be the reason for his resentment. All I have ever asked is to know what the plan is ... I will feel bf a place to celebrate whatever it is with someone else. I seriously thought that was being fair ... my gf said to me ... when you do that you are making him chose. I still disagree ... I thought it was fair.

I agree with you .... I have been a step daughter as well. Before my mother passed away ... her last wish was .... when your father finds someone respect them please.

She does have to like me ... trust me bc I do not like her one bit.

sammigirl's picture

Idvilen: You nailed it.

My DH betrayed me to SD57, SD57 threw DH under the bus in a two page hate email to me, and then I threw DH to the curb to SD's house. Well, it was four years ago and we are putting it back together with lots effort.

DH asked me; "what will fix it?" One thing I told my DH; "if you and SD57 will sit down and discuss the betrayal, and hate email with me, it would help fix it." Well that has never happened and again that was four years ago. I told SD; "I own my part of our disagreements, no problem. I am sorry for any misunderstanding in my strong personality." SD nor DH will acknowledge any part of the disagreement. Now keep in mind DH betrayed every little thing about our marriage, even our finances with his DD. She loves the drama, so gossiped about me, which got back to me, thru my employment. Then SD wrote me a two page hate email telling me to divorce her Dad and leave our home to him.

This left me with no choice but to totally disengage from DH and SD's relationship. Of course we all know what comes with disengagement. We are not included from that point forward.

It is difficult, but I love my disengagement! Now an apology won't work and I don't want to hear it. I'm finished!

Veritas's picture

Yep, same with me. After a really bad night about 5 years ago with DH and SS, I spent the next entire year being nice, keeping my mouth shut, just trying to keep peace (this is also when I ended up here on this forum and discovered narcissism). By December that year, I had made it to a good place...didn't hate SS, had him and his wife for Christmas, bought a bunch of gifts that really did come from my heart. They left my home that night all joyous and sweet and then....nothing. And I mean I heard nothing from them. DH said "just their hectic schedule" for a while and then he told me I make them uncomfortable. I asked, why? What could I have possibly done since I have not even seen them??? His only answer all these years has been that he doesn't know, but he is lying and I am sure he has played a part in this.

Last December, DH told me we were invited to a luncheon for the DH's side of the family that SS and wife were hosting. Understand, I had not seen them now in 4 years. When I asked if I had actually been invited, DH, without me knowing it, called SS and asked him to personally invite me. SS refused and had his wife do it. DH was actually pissed about that part. When I got her email, I said very nicely that before we get together, it would be best if we could clear the air so that I could understand why I make them so uncomfortable and she ignored my request and went right on to tell me that if I didn't show up, I was choosing not to be a part of their family....I was like, what the what?????

And no, of COURSE I did not go. I was livid. DH actually was actually offended for me. I don't think the wife actually sent it either, I think is came from SS, sounded just like him. He is not overly intelligent but tries to pretend he is and uses words in weird ways so he ends up sounding pretentious. This year, not sure what is happening but I can guarantee no drama will be taking place...I am finally, after all these years, enjoying the holiday. F@ck the whole bunch. Ho ho ho.

My thoughts on this are ... she has shown me who she is through her fb , twitter and Instagram pics who she really is and her mothers fb as well.
My SO and I have date night every Tuesday ... we go to our local bar and have a few drinks and then head home. Same thing every week. On a couple of occasions we have ran into high school friends of SO , married couple. I adore the husband just a very intelligent and interesting man. His wife ehhhh not so much. I could tell from first meeting and talking to her that I was being judged. I’m a very friendly down to earth girl ... no drama and I am far from fake. Well we saw them this one week and we chatted and I was trying but I felt something was off. The next week we go and she was there with a brunette , I almost grabbed her shoulders from behind and was like hey .. how you doing. But I stopped ... we walked around the bar to get a seat at the bar ... when SO says to me what do you want to do ??? I said if I leave I look like a fool. The red head has invited my SO’s ex wife to the bar. I was kinda taken back a little but I tried. We sat katty corner from them and in seats where she would have to bend down to catch a glimpse of us. The night on ... and he wanted to leave. As we were leaving ... I looked over and realized that his daughter was there too. His ex wife stood up off her stool and starting yelling his name. I headed for the door ... ( not my circus not my monkey ) I stayed outside n he came out just amazed at what a crazy night this was. I said to him with a straight face ... you are delusional ... I was deliberately set up by the red head that was an ambush. He believe the stars it was a coincidence... can’t hear or see where I am coming from.

The next day I go to Zumba class with his sister and she said to me did you go out last night I said yeah why. She said what kind of shit show was that ... I said how do you know about that. She said his ex wife posted all kinds of shit on fb ...

Like the C.u.n.t.s are here to fuck shit up , I am not obnoxious or an asshole ....I am not sorry bc someone is a pussy ass bitch and my favorite.... OMG so she is sucking cock ... now I can’t see this shit bc she’s blocked. But his entire family of sisters , nieces and nephews and brother in laws can see this. This is a 45 year old woman posting shit I like this.

Veritas's picture

WOW!!!!!!!! And yes, no coincidence there LOL, just looking to stir the pot...I have never understood that, why people do crap like this. Never. If this happened to me, DH would say "well, hon, that is just how they are....sigh"...as if...

Yes I get ... you are reading too much into that scenario ... really am I ???

I have never made a scene with anything I just bailed ... I only told his sister what I was doing bc she knows me pretty well. I said I’m not doing his .... he set me up just like the red head no different. The only difference is that the red head doesn’t like me and your brother claims he loves me. How do you do hat to the people you claim to love. Mhhhhh got nothing.

As she was there that night she was sitting on my seat I left and she was surrounding by her boyfriend and her father .. everyone else was by me ... standing and talking to me. I never let on that there was an issue ... said good bye and so did my daughter. I text him when I left bc he went to the bathroom.

Ironically ... his niece had said to him before hand ... we were sitting together. She said if you fuck this up w her I’m telling you right now ... I’d take her over you just so you know. They have said that I am a wonderfully strong mother raising my four kids ... I’m engaged with their lives. I demand that they be home for dinner and check in with me. I’m strict with them but they know what to expect. I think I’m everything his ex wife isn’t.

We have a past together ... we dated back when we were in our early twenties. I got married first had my daughter and HE got his girlfriend of 3 months pregnant. Our lives are emerged .... we lived on the same road as children ( but we loved when I was theee ) my father was a cop and he was home for lunch and heard a call on the ban that his sisters needed assistance and he drove down the street and threw his two sisters in the car and off to the hospital he took them and his mother told me. Your father saved my two daughters lives.
Our paths have crossed so many time over the past 30 years .... but our timing was off.
After my hubby died we decided to tho again bc nothing was in our way.

Ugghhh I hate this whole thing. I don’t think he bad mouths me I am just not a a factor in his discussions with her. Which is fine with me and she probably enjoys it as well.
If he brings her up to me I just roll my eyes , i don’t ask any questions. It’s none of my business ... but I’m not going to go some qheee with him and have her monopolize his time while we are out I hate that ... she uses him as an ATM.

I do want an acknowledgment of her shitty behavior. I want an apology ... I want some sort of .... I’m sorry for treating you shitty.

I’m kinda with you on this.

I know I was a step daughter n a kind of step mother but I never disrespected my fathers wife ( I say that not derogatory she didn’t raise me .... I was 27 when they got married ) I was thankful for having her take care of my father. I was thankful he wasn’t alone ... thankful for someone loving him.

My brother .... a whole another story

Aniki-Moderator's picture

Easylike, I wish more skids had your attitude!! My Dad remarried at 86 years young. My SM was 84. Even if I did NOT like her (I adore her!), my Dad loves her and he is active and HAPPY. To me, THAT is more important than my feelings.

Catsmom10's picture

Yup. I felt the same way about my father meeting someone after my mother passed away. Unfortunately my brother acted like a little bitch about it and caused issues, but my father shut it down. No guilty daddy syndrome from his era.

Catsmom10's picture

I agree. An apology doesn't change much...if anything... sometimes. And the best indicator of future behavior is not the fact that someone apologized, but rather their history.

exactly

She’s bat shit crazy .... I’ve asked him numerous times ... what is/was her beef with my daughter. I don’t know she won’t tell me ... ( hmmm that tells me she doesn’t want to tell you bc either she’s the petty fuck or she doesn’t really have an answer for you “

What would it take for things to be better w you two ... for her to apologize and own her shit. Well clearly that isn’t going to happen. Be she believes that apologies are for the weak. !

And there ya have it in a nutshell ... this was told to me in the past but all of a sudden .. since I walked out on his things have come to a head.

Aniki-Moderator's picture

ldvilen, you nailed it to the wall of an ART MUSEUM. Everything you said is spot on.

I am DH's wife as long as I'm doing what the SDs want.

If I am NOT doing what the SDs want/like, then I am Evil Aniki and totally in the wrong.

The SDs are DEAD to me. I wouldn't care if they were caught stark-naked in a blizzard with a polar bear whizzing on them. They can TRY to call me, but I will not answer. WHEN they say something to DH I will say I didn't get the message until much later (he knows I'm terrible about listening to voicemails). After all, I don't do things for dead people.

Christmas is almost here and I honestly do NOT want to be in the house when (if) those beeyotches come. I've even had a some people tell me that I should leave my home to avoid them. Well, I will NOT. I will be there because I love my husband and HE wants me there. Also, it might give the beeyotches some satisfaction if I am NOT there and that would never do... }:)

Stepaside-1987's picture

WOW!! You nailed it! I am just lucky they don't come around very often. They are all adults and out of the house. BM just uses DH for money - BM likes to come up with a "crisis" around Christmas and our Anniversary.

My one friend said she hates that "invisible line" that always tends to come up around events - that line will never go away and it sucks.

notasm3's picture

Sounds like HE is the one inviting SD to the events organized by others. So it's all on him for her being there.

I also have told my DH that of course he can see his son. But that I just don't want him in my life. DH made a comment one day that "maybe in a year ...". I cut him off. I told him that SS32 is who he is (a taker and a user). Maybe he could change in a decade or so, but as I am in my 70s i'm not wasting any more of my life with him.

DH has 4 siblings. Two have not even seen SS in over 15 years (before he want to juvie). One has had contact and like me wants no more. The 4th is the sweetest, dearest person who I think probably will invite him to events again in the future.

I'm getting over most (not all) of the white hot RAGE I felt after the home invasion. I think I could probably be in the same room with him - but I would not speak to him.

If he approached me and said "I'm sorry" my response would be "Yes you are sorry. You are probably the sorriest sack of sh*t I've ever encountered in my 70+ years." But as SS has NEVER even attempted any apology for ransacking our home, sleeping in our bed and absconding with over $200 worth of liquor, I doubt if he would ever even say I'm sorry.

Yea I am aware that it is him inviting her .. and each time he would tell me a day before the event and my response was ok then I won’t be going. You tell me and I make my decision ... on Black Friday you made the decision for me and that wasn’t fair. Thatvto me was utterly sneaky .. I get you want things better but it is not me who has to apologize for any behavior. It’s your daughter ... she acts like a wild animal bc she isn’t getting what she wants. No thank you !!!

I told him this is something I can’t fix ... I didn’t do anything hat I wouldn’t have done with my own children. You respect your elders and you don’t destroy someone’s property bc your mad. Grow up !!!

I’ve told him .. this is something that should have been handled 7 years ago not right before Christmas. Instead of ignoring he issues like you and Tinkerdouche did ... this is exactly why we’re where we are at now. Ignoring it does not make it go away ... you can’t go around shot you have to go through shit ... sweeping it under the carpet bc you don’t want to deal with it is such a cowardly way to handle things.

T minus 2 weeks .... waiting for the shit show. I’m not doing it ... All this time he wa so worries about rebuilding a relationship w her before he fixed things w me. Call me crazy but I’m the one w the issue and every time you bring her up I go silent. I think fixing things w me would have
been where I started bc I might have welcomed the idea. He walks on eggshells bc he is so afraid of her ghosting him again. Piss off .... you are just encouraging her behavior. Good luck w that SO !!!

Yea I am aware that it is him inviting her .. and each time he would tell me a day before the event and my response was ok then I won’t be going. You tell me and I make my decision ... on Black Friday you made the decision for me and that wasn’t fair. Thatvto me was utterly sneaky .. I get you want things better but it is not me who has to apologize for any behavior. It’s your daughter ... she acts like a wild animal bc she isn’t getting what she wants. No thank you !!!

I told him this is something I can’t fix ... I didn’t do anything hat I wouldn’t have done with my own children. You respect your elders and you don’t destroy someone’s property bc your mad. Grow up !!!

I’ve told him .. this is something that should have been handled 7 years ago not right before Christmas. Instead of ignoring he issues like you and Tinkerdouche did ... this is exactly why we’re where we are at now. Ignoring it does not make it go away ... you can’t go around shot you have to go through shit ... sweeping it under the carpet bc you don’t want to deal with it is such a cowardly way to handle things.

T minus 2 weeks .... waiting for the shit show. I’m not doing it ... All this time he wa so worries about rebuilding a relationship w her before he fixed things w me. Call me crazy but I’m the one w the issue and every time you bring her up I go silent. I think fixing things w me would have
been where I started bc I might have welcomed the idea. He walks on eggshells bc he is so afraid of her ghosting him again. Piss off .... you are just encouraging her behavior. Good luck w that SO !!!

Great question and I’ll give you the old proverbial ... I love him.

I sometimes believe that bc he got w the psycho ( BM) and she got pregnant after dating 3 months and they broke up before she found out she was pregnant , it makes a difference. We dated a long time ago and our timing was way off ... he told me back in the 90’s you and I will be back together again trust me. We were good together, we could talk for hours , we had the same beliefs and morals and manners. But somewhere he learned this crazy behavior from his environment bc after his daughter was born ... he brought BM and baby home to live with him. He girlies w BM but she was controlling and irrational. They got married when his daughter was 7 which tells me things. He was trying to make it work for the sake of his daughter.

I don’t know if he can ever get back to where he used to be with me. For awhile in the beginning say 4 years we were terrific ... but the guilt she spreads on his is too much.

Maybe I’m delusional thinking it could ever be the way it used to be. But I have to try everything before I give up ....I can’t be with someone who has no empathy or compassion for others. Bc i am the complete opposite ... I do feel bad for him but I can’t fix it ... this is his issue to fix.

notasm3's picture

My DH was in the military overseas. He came home for a weekend and asked out the town bike for some guaranteed nookie. He was back overseas when he got a message that she was pregnant. He returned home and married her because that is what one did 40+ years ago if you were an "honorable" man. His father never believed that he was the father (prior to DNA testing).

Maybe that is why BM totally froze DH out of the funeral activities when that child died about 7 years ago. Or maybe she was just a bitch. But several years after their divorce when both were single they had a ONS and the disgusting worthless POS SS32 was conceived. OMG - he is the poster child for abortion. DH had a vasectomy two weeks after discovering that BM was knocked up with SS32.

But I do not blame BM only for these two disgusting human beings. DH was just as responsible for their existence. The only reason that I can accept DH is that decades have passed. One is dead and the other is in his 30s. Not really relevant today.

Our paths crossed in the 80s although we did not meet. He lived across the street from my parents. I would never have looked twice at him - except maybe sexually. He' s said he kind of remembers me as being "hot". At that point in my life I would not have given him the time of day.

But he is the perfect match for me now.

Acratopotes's picture

wow... long time nothing from you - }:) }:) }:)

kick him in the gahoonas if he invite her ever again lol.... oh dang Christmas is just around the corner..

I know I’ve been laying low on here for awhile.

I’m wondering the same thing ... Christmas is coming. I just got the Christmas Eve evite .... so we will see. I’m sure my kids will go and if I want a ride home I’m sure they will drive me.

Please all I want for Christmas is a Veruca Free Christmas !!!!