You are here

When Should I Speak Up?

HikingFool's picture

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I've got 2 step daughters (12 & 14),and 2 bio kids (18 boy, and 14 girl).
I'm hoping I can get a little feedback. My stepkids came for break 6 days ago. They each brought a pair of pants, a shirt, and one pair of underwear. The youngest was outside playing in her pajamas at 3pm when we went to get them. It's like they aren't being taught to clean themselves in anyway. They literally sleep in what they wore, and then wear it again.
I've mentioned to my husband that he really needs to say something to their mother, but he doesnt. I'm disgusted by his lack of concern. Should I step in and say something to her? Or do I just keep biting my tounge?

HikingFool's picture

Then they shall continue to run around filthy! I was just curious what others thought,because to me it's utterly disgusting.

LAMomma's picture

Stay out of it.. You cannot control what goes on at Mom's house and it's likely even if Dad would address it she wouldn't take it seriously and it'd only cause drama.

If there is obvious neglect that is serious you could contact CPS but playing outside in PJ's at 3pm isn't a concern IMO. My kids are still in their PJ's at 3:30pm from the night before.. We're having a lazy day.