You are here

Unrealistic visitation expectations

sonja's picture

To keep it short, BM and SD6 live a good hour drive away.
Bm has been talking about moving closer to us, as she got a job offer by us.
I figured itd be a cold day in hell before she moved from the ghetto to our nicer side of town.

Apparently her and her BF are having issues and shes still considering, DH is encouraging her with comments like better schools, better neighborhoods etc and that he get be able to see SD 3-4x a week.

Considering that right now we dont do any overnights (behavioral issues) and DH goes to skidtown on his everyother weekend to spend the days there and then drives home each day.. how the hell is he available 3-4x a week to spend with SD??

With BS3 and a baby on the way, Im irritated that he thinks he can give BM that kind of expectation that he has that much time to be with SD. I said how are you going to leave me at home with 2 kids while you spend the evenings at mcdonalds?

Am I over reacting or should he not make BM think shell get her CS and free daily after school babysitting?

Orange County Ca's picture

I can't see him keeping up a schedule like that anyway. Once a week he could pick her up after school for the afternoon perhaps but 4 times a week? I think he's exaggerating to encourage his ex to move but once its done little of it will come true or stay true for long.