You are here

Sickened by laundry

rebster35's picture

This is not something I am proud of, but I have to admit it to someone and there's no better place than this forum!
My S-kids dirty laundry makes me ACTUALLY nauseated. I cannot touch it or even look at it without gagging. Even moving it from washer to dryer makes me gag. I folded it once under great duress . No little boy laundry is a pleasure....but this response is so over the top. I'm ashamed, but the smell of my s-kids disgusts me. I can usually tolerate them fairly well from a distance. Its awful! I'm so affectionate to my own kids and even some of their friends...but not the s-kids.

rebster35's picture

They probably are....8,9,11,12. That would mean getting them to contribute to the household in some way. They are all spoiled rotten princes, mine included (mine just don't stink!) Wink

Orange County Ca's picture

The cause is obviously mental and I don't mean that offensively. Try a counselor.

And obviously you need to put all the kids to work.

sbm014's picture

Do they do any activities just them?

I notice I can do laundry even when my DH is gone and pull out a shirt to wear to bed and it has the smell of our shop area. It doesn't matter if I have washed it several times since him wearing it the smell is stuck in the stitches I guess.

rebster35's picture

I'm pretty sure it is mental. I do have a sensitive nose, but I think my hostility towards skids is coming out in my revulsion of their scent!

Dizzy's picture

Make the kids do their own laundry! They are all old enough to operate a washer and dryer, and fold and put away their own clothes. My SD10 started a bit late, but she has been fully doing her own laundry for over a year, and was folding and putting her clothes away for about a year before that. My BD6 does her laundry fully on her own, except I sometimes help her fold. She also puts her clothes away, including hanging stuff in her closet.

Train those kids! Like I tell my DH "I am NOT the maid. I am here to serve you, but the kids need to learn to do things for themselves!"