You are here

Liar, liar

rebster35's picture

Since I have been posting (venting) here it has helped me to narrow down what really makes me crazy about my one SS 11(almost 12). He is a lazy liar and continually gets away with it. His parents take the path of not dealing with it because it's easier. So far, the lies are harmless enough...homework, tests, chores...but I know they'll escalate . And mostly it just irks me to no end that this kid keeps getting away with this crap! And it's hard to stay detached because I want to BUST him on his obvious lies even when his mom & dad do not. Aargh.

Orange County Ca's picture

Vent away but stay out of it. You don't have the power as a step-parent to make any discipline stick and since I assume the kid is weekend visitation only he's not there enough to have any effect on his behavior.

Disengage from the kid and quit worrying about him. If you're not talking to him (unless he speaks respectfully directly to you) he won't be lying at least not to you.

Crazy_Psycho's picture

I feel your pain i really do. In my case its bm with her little lies. "dsd wants to do this with daddy" bla bla then the kids refuse and u know its really her. But dp is blissfully unaware thinking its all them wanting to do stuff with him when its blatantly her. Arrrgghhh