You are here

naughty step child!!! need help

sarah_stressedOUT's picture

I have just joined this site so not sure rxactly how it works but im assuming its something like this! Me and my partner (mw) have been together for 5 years he has a son (dw) from a previous relationship! We have 2 daughters together (b1) and (b2.) who are 5years and 1years.his son is sooo naughty and he always has been since day 1! Its really starting to get me down me and my partner are constantly arguing and shouting at eachother over it because i really dont think he does anything to help the situation and he says he tries but he feels like he cant tell hom off as much as he should because he only has him on a weds and fri (overnight)! Its getting eveb worse now aa my 5 year old who has always been well behaved is starting to copy and act like dw which is making me really angry! Really need some help and advice!!!

emotionaly beat up's picture

I agree with punkin.

Your husband is being selfish here. He's not being a father to any of those kids all because he's worried that his first son won't like him. Well he's actually setting things up so that is exactly what will happen. Does he think this rude, disrespectful child will turn out to be a well mannered, independent, productive member of society all by himself. That the fairies will pop in for his 18th birthday and sprinkle him with manners, independence and social skills. They won't. The only hope that child has is if the adults in his life, especially his dad, set a good example for him. Your husband is ruining all the kids. It's not his sons fault he behaves like this. All kids try it out, some kids have parents like your husband, parents who look out for themselves first, who don't want to be a father and raise their children right, because they're either too lazy, or they're afraid the child won't like them. The lucky ones have good parents who teach them right from wrong.

Your husband isn't doing this for his son. He's doing it for himself.