You are here

I don't want to give up but....

LvngMthr1's picture

I am the mother to BS6, BD8, SS8, SS9, SD11 and SS13. My fiance was married very young and had his first three kids with his first ex wife. He then decided that the religion he was living wasn't for him so he made the very hard decision to leave. He accidentally got a coworker pregnant and tried to make it work with her for years....actually marrying her and leaving her once and going back because he didn't trust her with their son. We have been together for 2 years now and getting married within the next month. My problem is not with his oldest three (we only get to see them every other weekend) but with his youngest, who is a week younger than my oldest. He has some behavioral issues and has ADHD. We have had him 100% of the time for the past three months because BM moved away for a job. She just moved back but is highly unstable...she is Bipolar and does not take her meds. While she was gone, my fiance went on a week long trip for work, leaving me to care for my SS. That was nervewracking being 100% liable for someone else's child. All my SS8 and my BS6 do is get in trouble, my fiance thinks that it's my children that cause the problems and I think that it's his son that causes the problems most of the time. Like this morning, my BS was sitting at the table (8 chairs so BIG table) and my SS goes and sits RIGHT next to him and they start fighting because my BS "is in his space". Guess what. I LOST it. I probably shouldn't have said this but I told my SS that he's on my last nerve and I've just about had it with him. My fiance was still in bed...like usual. He never gets up until after I've already left for work and gotten all three of the kids up and dressed and hair combed and fed. I don't mind doing this but my fiance thinks that this should be expected and got really mad at me for decompressing and telling him that it was nervewracking watching his son for a week by myself with no help. He said that he didn't realize it was such an imposition and thought I could handle it. I tried to tell him that I just wanted a thank you and so he told me thank you in a not so nice tone of voice. I have known him since we were children and when he got married right out of high school I was crushed because I loved him from afar for a LONG time....I was just too shy to ever say anything. So I don't want to leave but need help in dealing with his youngest son. He drives me nuts. :/ Am I wrong to feel like I deserve a thank you once in awhile?

Dannee's picture

You say that you don't mind doing this stuff...
But infact I believe that you do..

Everyone needs to hear Thank You..
Thank you says: I appreciate you, I appreciate what
you do for me..

As time goes by and you get No thank yous..
or forms of I appreciate yous..

You will start to resent him..